C4 Forums | Control4

How to create announcements.

ILoveC4

• 1 month later...

Thanks. Just the info I need. Where I want the announcements only has an HC1000 and the I/O Box. No amp, or HC200 or HC300. So looks like it's a speaker point. I guess using one of these also minimises any signal delay, and takes receiver input switching delay's/hastles out of the equation as well....so a designated speaker point is probably the best option...

Thanks. Just the info I need. Where I want the announcements only has an HC1000 and the I/O Box. No amp, or HC200 or HC300. So looks like it's a speaker point. I guess using one of these also minimises any signal delay, and takes receiver input switching delay's/hastles out of the equation as well....so a designated speaker point is probably the best option...

Sonos integration will not allow you to play an announcement somehow? (i don't know - just curious, because I'm sure you thought of this.)?

You right..to a point. It could be done by running analogue audio into a line input on a zoneplayer. But this would be cumbersome and delayed...you'd need to select this input within Sonos...

A better way (and the one I am considering) might be to do things in reverse. Run the audio line out of a zoneplayer ZP90 into a C4 speaker point. (this then also becomes the Sonos "amp") That way best of both worlds. Sonos audio for music. And Speaker point for announcements.:) I've checked on the EV site. Whilst they say you can't "stream" audio to a speaker point, I don't see why you couldn't plug a Sonos ZP90's analogue inputs directly into a Speaker Point...

..can anybody confirm this for me? Can a Speaker Point take an independant source?

Archived