C4 Forums | Control4

dsc or ge alarm

mtech

Just getting to the stage in building our new home where the alarm needs to get [pre wired and was wondering which system to go with

right now in our old home we have DSC but is the GE one more adapt to working with Control4

just wanting some feed back on pros/cons about each

Thanks

I have DSC, never had a GE so can't compare the two.

However I have had no problems with C4 integration.

If you are at the prewire stage I recommend putting a contact on every window (even 2nd floor), it's nice to remotely check to see if there are any windows opened.

I have DSC, never had a GE so can't compare the two.

However I have had no problems with C4 integration.

If you are at the prewire stage I recommend putting a contact on every window (even 2nd floor), it's nice to remotely check to see if there are any windows opened.

I am not saying that DSC or any other alarm that is known to be integrate with C4 is not a good selection for an alarm. Based on comments from many dealers the GE concord 4 seems to have the best overall feature integration.

I would recommend installing hardwired contact sensors to all entry doors. It is nice to have lights turn on/off based on doors opening and closing

I would also recommend you have a sensor installed on your garage door (s) as well as a control wire to operate your garage door openers. I like the ability to monitor my garage door status and open and close the garage door from C4.

If the C4 system and alarm panel are not in the same room make sure wire is run fron the C4 system to the alarm panel.

Whichever alarm system you select good luck and enjoy the cool things you can do with C4 alarm system integration.

I would also have an alarm keypad at some key locations (ie garage entry door and master bedroom) just in case the C4 sytem is down.

Absolutely. At the very minimum have a alarm keypad at the main doors you use for entry and exit. I would have no less than 2 alarm keypads.

Archived