C4 Forums | Control4

Seeking Advice: Do I need to buy the Control4 8 Zone Amp vs. use NADs

rjbranston

Hi

I am completing construction a new condo and have had it prewired for a Control4 integrated audio/video/lighting system. The condo is not that large, 2 levels, 1600 sq ft plus 500 sq ft terrace. It will drive about about 4 audio/ 3 video zones.

I will have 4 zones (1 zone includes all three washrooms, the second zone if living/dining room, third zone is media/den and fourth is master bedroom)

I am debating buying the 8 zone amp. But I have a couple very good NAD Amps that work well and I am not convinced I need to replace the amps with a Control4 Amp instead as I have been really happy with the NAD amps (C372 NAD and T761 Surround Sound Receiver/Amp)

I would be purchasing the Control4 Home Controller (debating 300 vs 500 vs 1000). Would this controller not work with my existing NAD Amps? Or do I really need to buy Control4 amp.

Also, I heard NAD was announced at the CEDIA Expo 2009 as integrating Control4 OS into some of its amps. Has anyone bought this vs. the Control 4 amps? I would rather stick to NAD amps.

Any advice is appreciated

Richard in Toronto, Canada

Archived