C4 Forums | Control4

Ability to comment programming code

akg4y

One thing I feel would be helpful would be the ability to comment my code in ComposerHE so that when I pull up something if I dont remember why I did something (ie put in a delay somewhere, or cant remember exactly which variables/contacts/buttons are tied together) if I commented it then I can figure it out easily.

As my project gets more complex with more programming in it I find it takes me more and more time to figure out what I did a few weeks ago... especially since some of the things I did back then werent necessarily the best way to do things so then it takes me a while just to find the programming before even trying to understand it (for example if I programmed a multitap using programming under press & release rather than under release then variable).

excellent idea.

also would like some sort of visible programming tree per variable or however c4 wants to structure.

in other words, because im learning as i go myself, sometimes i cause the action to occur when the button is pressed (variable tested), sometimes i cause the action to occur when the variable is toggled and sometimes i cause the action to occur in programming once the variable is retested. i have become more consistent, but it would be helpful if c4 could show me all the places a variable occurs in my programming.

basically its the trail of breadcrumbs for programmers. i'd like to be able to see all the occurrences of a variable or really other things too.

shane

Archived