C4 Forums | Control4

Does the XBMC 2 way driver also control Boxee and Plex

wappinghigh

I can't definitively answer your question, but I can recommend Remote Buddy from IO software to use the stand IR apple remote codes to run over 100+ Mac apps with customization to your liking (supports XBMC, Plex, and Boxxee). It will not do 2 way stuff or populate your cover-art selection. My guess is that the code has changed too much for the XBMC driver to work for either Plex or Boxxee.

I put the odds at about 95% that the 2-way XBMC driver will work with Boxee. I have no experience with Plex so I can't say.

Boxee and XBMC use a web service to comumicate with remotes. I suspect the driver uses the same set of APIs.

I downloaded a really good XBMC app from the app store. I'll test it with Boxee and see of it works. I highly reccomend the XBMC iPhone app. Hmmm. Now that I think about it, XBMC has a configuration option where I can set a password. I don't recall Boxee has this parameter when I enable the web service. Aside from the ability to require a password, the web API in boxee and xbmc are identical.

Confirmed. The XBMC iPhone app works Boxee Alpha and XBMC 9.11 running on my Apple TV. I do see that when using Boxee it's not displaying the "now playing" properly. All other features work fine.

I expect the C4 driver to work with Boxee (maybe with a few bugs).

By the way, the XBMC iPhone remote actually allows you to browse the Boxee/XBMC library and video sources. It's a great remote.

Confirmed. The XBMC iPhone app works Boxee Alpha and XBMC 9.11 running on my Apple TV. I do see that when using Boxee it's not displaying the "now playing" properly. All other features work fine.

I expect the C4 driver to work with Boxee (maybe with a few bugs).

By the way, the XBMC iPhone remote actually allows you to browse the Boxee/XBMC library and video sources. It's a great remote.

Maybe there's a use for the IPad after all :lol:I'll ask AlanC for the 2 way driver and give it a trial.

Archived