C4 Forums | Control4

Eva 9150

panamagixxer

According to C4, the current IP driver does not have the # keys (0 -9) included. My installer is currently building an IR driver. This is important because of parental control - you need a password to free up your "R" rated moves.

Oh well, besides that, I think the 9150 is great.

According to C4, the current IP driver does not have the # keys (0 -9) included. My installer is currently building an IR driver. This is important because of parental control - you need a password to free up your "R" rated moves.

Oh well, besides that, I think the 9150 is great.

Yeah, my kids aren't quite old enough to use it on their own yet.

Let me know how the IR driver works, I'm sure it will work fine.

Hopefully in 2.0 C4 implements a security feature in their GUI so that it will work the same across the DVD changers and digital media. It would be ideal if Control4 was the one preventing the selecting of movies without a password...problems like this wouldn't exist.

Thanks for the reply ILoveC4 .. One last query...

From the threads I have read on the EVA 9150 it seems its advisable to use the HD for buffering purposes and not to store movies etc.

My qn is .. Is it possible to to plug in External Hard Drive (with some movies etc) into the Eva 9150 via a USB connection for example and play movies this way?

The reason im asking is that the NAS HD are a bit expensive so rather than buying one now I may setup system with External HD if possible.

I built a Windows Home Server for $850 which included 4tb's of hard disk space (2 WD green 2tb drives). It is working fine thus far (about 3 weeks). I have added an additional 8tb's (4 more WD green 2tb drives). OK, 11+ tb's because the drives are actually 1.82tb's per drive.

Building it with only 2tb of data would be $180 less (at the time of the build) - $670. (I found the drives for $149 the other day that is why I added the space, plus I am kind of a nut)

just saying

Archived