C4 Forums | Control4

Remote v2

stevemcd

I just had an issue where my C4 V2 remote started going wacko.. Did not respond and seemed like it was rebooting..

I like the Version 2 remote since it seems robust and strong - I use it outdoors by the pool and BBQ.

Well I found out that the batteries (4 AAA) just needed to be replaced. Even though the Battery gauge on the remote indicated 100%.

It seems that the battery gauge on the remote always indicates 100%.

Anyone else noticed this? Seems like this is a bug with the software or something...

Thanks

Steve

I'm having a strange issue with my V3 remote, it seems to just hang up, won't accept commands then all of a sudden if starts executing all the commands it buffered.

this is usually when watching Tivo, but other time when trying to access lights it will day waiting for network or connecting to network.

Any ideas what is going on?

I'm having a strange issue with my V3 remote, it seems to just hang up, won't accept commands then all of a sudden if starts executing all the commands it buffered.

this is usually when watching Tivo, but other time when trying to access lights it will day waiting for network or connecting to network.

Any ideas what is going on?

see this prior thread http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=4478

I will add that when I posted my lag problems I was on director version 1.7.3.68, since then I upgraded to 1.7.4.36 and no recurring problems. Once in a while I still get the "waiting for network" message on my SR250's, but infrequently and it clears within 10-15 seconds or so.

I'm having a strange issue with my V3 remote' date=' it seems to just hang up, won't accept commands then all of a sudden if starts executing all the commands it buffered.

Any ideas what is going on?[/quote']

I will add that when I posted my lag problems I was on director version 1.7.3.68, since then I upgraded to 1.7.4.36 and no recurring problems. Once in a while I still get the "waiting for network" message on my SR250's, but infrequently and it clears within 10-15 seconds or so.

I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting it tonight and see if that helps

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having a strange issue with my V3 remote' date=' it seems to just hang up, won't accept commands then all of a sudden if starts executing all the commands it buffered.

Any ideas what is going on?[/quote']

I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting it tonight and see if that helps

Disconnecting and reconnecting the HC300 did nothing to fix the lag/delay, any other ideas here???

^exactly my question as well.

I can also tell you that my SR-250s worked sorta OK under Embernet (w/CA repeaters) but not worth a damn on ZP (w/o repeaters). Even with all floor controllers set to ZAP mode these things can't function well.

yes the HC300 is running zserver, if not the only other controller in the system is an old MC that the HC300 is sitting on top of but I thought I was only using that for the relays and contacts, no 9 ft thick wall, system is running 1.7.4, the remote is a SR250, I'm going to get an old V2 remote and see if it has the same delays/lags

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe a defective remote? Do you have another one you can test?

I can tell you that all mine work fine.

I'm going to see if the same thing happens to the V2 remotes I still have laying around, I'll post back tomorrow

Archived