C4 Forums | Control4

HAI driver

dburton

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. Just heard from engineer via tech support that it's still 3 months out. This of course was promised to be ready by November '05. I've got a few angry customers that it's not ready yet. One's even holding out the last $2500 of the job because of this.

chambrick,

As I already answered this on 'that other site', I'll try to not hash out all the same details here, but "promised to be ready" by November isn't quite accurate, as priorities change, there's no 'promise' given, but an *estimate* of when we think we'll be able to have a driver ready.

HAI somewhat dragged their feet with getting us equipment, and we've had plenty of other work to keep us busy.

I do apologize for your getting bit by this, and I also wish the HAI driver were done.

Ryan

some of us that have been around for awhile know very well why the HAI plugin may take considerable time to complete. their protocol and "willingness" to share have given automaters lots of grief. it is a very slow, picky and cumbersome protocol apparently with many timing and polling issues. just load up the HAI MCE offering on a P4 3GHz with dual core and a gig of RAM and watch it choke. even the new touchscreen interface inside Web-Link 2 is a turtle.

it is not surprising that the Elk plugin was completed as fast as it was. they seem to have taken a complete opposite approach over at Elk, making for easy integration with their M1 panels.

personally, and this is NOT a shot at C4 programmers, i would be surprised to see a working HAI plugin before Christmas.

personally, and this is NOT a shot at C4 programmers, i would be surprised to see a working HAI plugin before Christmas.

Now you're just taunting me to try and get a driver for it before then...

:)

Oh, and ELK was great to work with. If I just had the time to get the Ethernet version of the ELK M1 done I'd be a happy camper.

Ryan

Now you're just taunting me to try and get a driver for it before then...

:)

nah, but now i might taunt you to get the ethernet module working on the Elk :)

hey, Ryan, put yourself for sell up on Ebay ... i'll buy you for a day to get you the time to do it. or, if you plan on being in Florida next week i'll fill a tub in my room with beer and Red Bull ... you can work nights :) ... cripes, i'll even throw in a steak at Ruth's Chris ...

... now THAT must be taunting <big grin>

steve

gee, i thought all you coders were into beer, jolt or red bull ... or all three at once.

anyway, it works out well because i would prefer the steak at Ruth's Chris too.

too bad you're not getting shipped out to Florida.

what do you think would happen if i hooked a serial-over-ethernet adaptor between the MC and Elk? any chance that might work?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived