C4 Forums | Control4

Outdoor Temp

markmsp

It would be great if Control4 could link with an online weather service that can load current temperature into control4 so it can automatically turn a control4 thermostat to heating/cooling as needed ie:

If exterior temperature is above 65 turn wireless thermostat to cool

If exterior temperature is below 50 turn wireless thermostat to heat

If exterior temperature is <64, >50 turn fan on, heating/ cooling off

You could get an external thermistor and do this really easily. I have card access wireless contact sensors installed in gates around my property, and they have a built in temp sensor. I have programming take place based on the temperature they are reading.

You could get an external thermistor and do this really easily. I have card access wireless contact sensors installed in gates around my property, and they have a built in temp sensor. I have programming take place based on the temperature they are reading.

Dan, can you broadcast the temp onto touchscreens and navigator and read the temp from these on mycontrol4.com? Or do you need a C4 Tsat to do this?

I had my dealer create a t-stat for the garage and added the outside temp to that tstat. On mycontrol4 it shows up with the other tstats and displays the outside temp. On the iPhone app it shows up under garage and 'all thermostats' I assume 2.0 will give us the ability to display all t-stats under any room like the iphone app.

Dan did you put in some post a little while ago about having temp announcements. I'm just wondering how that ended. I've got quite a good wake up scene going on and I'm thinking, what it I could add an annoucement on what the outside temp is. That way my wife would maybe skip that every morning question: what should I wear today? I think someone came up with a variable. I would love to see that prog.

You could get an external thermistor and do this really easily. I have card access wireless contact sensors installed in gates around my property' date=' and they have a built in temp sensor. I have programming take place based on the temperature they are reading.[/quote']

Dan, can you broadcast the temp onto touchscreens and navigator and read the temp from these on mycontrol4.com? Or do you need a C4 Tsat to do this?

I don't think I can do that.

Neil, with 1.8 I you can put it in emails from what I've heard. You could do an announcement based on a temperature range, which would be cool. I have tried to do that. It would look something like IF temp between 65 & 70 -> Execute announcement temp 65-70. You would need a conditional statement for each of these.

You could get an external thermistor and do this really easily. I have card access wireless contact sensors installed in gates around my property' date=' and they have a built in temp sensor. I have programming take place based on the temperature they are reading.[/quote']

I don't think I can do that.

Neil, with 1.8 I you can put it in emails from what I've heard. You could do an announcement based on a temperature range, which would be cool. I have tried to do that. It would look something like IF temp between 65 & 70 -> Execute announcement temp 65-70. You would need a conditional statement for each of these.

I'll try that but maybe also link each degree celcius with a +1 one variable and atth an anouncement to it. I know it would labour but when its done it's for life.

What do you think. Does it make sense?

That would be a ton of announcements.

Yeah but the good news it that only one announcement every morning which means +/- 20. Should take me an hour.

You can program 40 announcements in one hour? Plus here, the temp swings from -15 on cold days to 110 on hot days.

Plus, all the IF statements...what a headache that would be. I'll save the six hours programming time and look at the thermostat or read the text message. I can program it to text the exact temp to me in about 30 seconds.

That would be a ton of announcements.

Yeah but the good news it that only one announcement every morning which means +/- 20. Should take me an hour.

You can program 40 announcements in one hour? Plus here' date=' the temp swings from -15 on cold days to 110 on hot days.

Plus, all the IF statements...what a headache that would be. I'll save the six hours programming time and look at the thermostat or read the text message. I can program it to text the exact temp to me in about 30 seconds.[/quote']

Oh, more good news, its only morning announcements so at 07h00 in the morning, I doubt it would be 110. I live in Cape Town next to the sea which is a natural thermostat and we talk in degre celcius here. Which narrows those announcements by a lot. I'll try and see how far I get.

Archived