C4 Forums | Control4

(3) Speaker Point Amps and (1) SR-250 Remote for sale

Harmony42

The speakerpoints are Ethernet products - no indication that they would not be supported in 2.0

But is the opposite true - did anyone expressly indicate they would be supported ? Or any limitations ?

I'd be interested in any detail if it's available. I'm considering a couple of these for my install.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you *serious* wappinghigh?

If you continue contaminating every thread, turning them all into 'why can't I do my own thing', it will get tired very soon.

Neil, the SpeakerPoint was just addressed in a different thread.

RyanE

Are you *serious* wappinghigh?

If you continue contaminating every thread, turning them all into 'why can't I do my own thing', it will get tired very soon.

Neil, the SpeakerPoint was just addressed in a different thread.

RyanE

Actually I am serious. But I can't- for the stated reasons. Look. I don't set the the rules re the secondary market on this forum.

Ryan, no offense, but please nothing personal. I'm not saying anything drastic (like some other forum members) here. Every piece of equipment I have ever bought for my system is legit. Payed in full. RRP. from my dealer. And Ive no problem with this. Check all my posts. Read them carefully. I've even supported and explained in detail why things cost more than double here, and I have no problem with this. I'm a good C4 customer.

But the company has to understand. There are instal delay problems out there in real world land. This is not a customers fault, ..this is C4's problem. It takes a long time to book a dealer, get them out, fiddle, etc. Something most users could do themselves.

I'm, not saying I want composer pro. Or buy pirated software. Or support bad dealers on ebay. Or want to do major equipment install's and upgrades myself. But small "bolt on" stuff. Why can't you see that allowing customers to purchase such items direct from their dealer and instal them by themselves, helps this situation. And improves sales. How C4 does this shouldn't be difficult to set up.

I'm simply pointing out the company has a problem here. Good old customer feedback. That they might not be getting back through the dealers.

Suit yourself. Don't listen to what I have to say. In the end it's the companies problem, not mine.

You're assuming that I haven't heard what you're saying, or that I don't understand your position, that I think you're saying something drastic, or for some reason I care if you buy something off eBay (which is pretty much irrelevant). You're even assuming that I'm completely anti-DIY / anti-homeowner configuration.

None of those are good assumptions. You may have excellent arguments, but in the end, it doesn't really matter.

Mentioning your beef with Control4 in *multiple posts* that are NOT ostensibly about the subject is annoying, IMHO not appropriate, and it makes me (and likely participating Control4 dealers) less interested in helping you out going forward.

RyanE

Archived