C4 Forums | Control4

C4 controlling a whole house fan?

matt4gps

Does anyone use C4 to control their whole house fan? I'm looking to replace my manual pull chain/noisy one with a quite one that will integrate well with Control4. Which whole house fan do you have or recommend?

Does anyone use C4 to control their whole house fan? I'm looking to replace my manual pull chain/noisy one with a quite one that will integrate well with Control4. Which whole house fan do you have or recommend?

There are not many ceiling fans that integrate with home automation systems. Any C4 install I have done (including my own house) I have used a C4 dimmers for the fan light and a C4 switch to turn the fan on and off. No speed control.

I'm controlling my whole house fan with a C4 switch just to turn it on/off, then I use a standard 3-way switch to control its high and low speeds. Can't contol the speeds with C4, but can certainly turn it on or off. I also have it on a timer. If your control now is via a pull chain, just run power and a switch leg down the wall and put in a C4 switch. If your fan has multiple speeds, you could wire them up to separate switches and then control them with a Keypad, but put some programming language in to not allow any of the switches/speeds to be turned on at the same time. (mines a Broan)

Archived