C4 Forums | Control4

Amps

SMcLean

Speaker points! I thought of that myself today on the subway. Here is one thing I can't seem to find a good solution to, a bedroom with in-ceiling speakers but no touchpanel or tv screen. I need to figure out how to control that zone's music. Maybe just put another system remote in there to access the sources? how do other's deal with that?

hb,

that one looks great - love Marantz. I might try that one - do you see many major advantages over just using three C4 speaker points. The ones I could guess are, power & robustness. Any opinion?

The Marantz amp is a great piece. As you mentioned, the power and robustness are there if you need to run 4 speakers per zone in parallel or tie multiple zones together that way. As I mentioned though, it is only food for smaller music distribution projects. They are cascadable as well (up to three), but then you start running into cost vs. function and that is where we use the C4 amp.

I second the Marantz ZS5300. IR input on the back, discretes for everything, works great for smaller systems. I have one in my own house and we've installed 3 others with Control4 HTCs running it. ! We built a driver using a Marantz receiver and building 3 individual drivers, 1 for each zone. hbinnovations, how did you build yours? I had problems with not having the "proxy to tuner" not being in the driver. It was a pain the first time around but now it works fine.

The setup that comes to mind is this. 1 MC, 2 ZS5300's (cascaded), 6 zones, each zone with a rotary VC and a pair of in-ceiling speakers. The customer wanted music streaming off the MC all day, everyday as this is in a doctor's office. We outputted the MC to input 1 on the ZS5300 and then outputted that ZS5300 to another input on the second ZS5300. I hope that made sense. As for input switching, why not do that on the MC and not on the ZS5300?

You mean the 3 outputs from the MC into the 3 zone inputs and put any analog sources into the MC first right?

For 1 of the systems client wanted sat receiver, FM tuner, and a Rockola Jukebox for sources.

One another, they wanted sat. receiver, XM, and 1 stream.

For my own, I have 1 stream, sat, and XM.

Those are a couple times that we have used it.

Since we were discussing amps, I came up with a better way of doing this (I think). I'm going to use the A/V Switch "device type" to build this amp and a SpeakerCraft MZC-66 to see if the A/V switch format will work better for this without the "proxy tuner" issue I have come across. Has anyone integrated a MZC-66 into a project?

Do you think that this approach would work better? It's basically building a matrix switch, which makes sense, and it gives me all of the room connections just like the Control4 amplifier has...

Archived