C4 Forums | Control4

Turning Room Off

I have a Plasma with a non-discrete on/off toggle and a ysp sound bar with the same (non unique on/off toggle). So when the TV and sound bar are off at night before I go to bed and I hit ROOM OFF to turn off the lights, the TV and sound bar turn on.

Anyone know how I can program this so it works?

I cant find a "IF BEDROOM TV VARIABLE IS FALSE then DONT HIT TV OFF button" under the Room off programming part

thanks

bdo

There is a built in "power state" variable that I've heard works reliably. You can use that to create conditional "IF" statements.

Under the programming tab click on the + sign next to the TV and you'll see it.

Kids, let this be a lesson =) Always buy gear with discrete codes!

Panasonic TX50X (costco special!!)

I dont want to buy an outlet switch.

Is the ROOM OFF button programmable in any way? It does not show up in the list of commands under the room.

If I could program it , I could make a variable that changes when the TV is on and off and then under ROOM OFF say if variable was x then dont turn off tv...etc... but I cant find that.

There is a built in "power state" variable that I've heard works reliably. You can use that to create conditional "IF" statements.

Under the programming tab click on the + sign next to the TV and you'll see it.

Kids, let this be a lesson =) Always buy gear with discrete codes!

I dont understand how I would use this...can someone explain?

Thanks

You should try that for the TV, but it won't solve the problem for the soundbar.

I'm on my little netbook, but I have Composer here. Let me see if I can get a couple screengrabs to show you what I am talking about with the power state variable.

I haven't taken much time at all to think this through, but this is just an idea of how you *might* use this. Play around with it a little bit. When I put those couple of programming lines in I was assuming the TV would issue the power toggle command, then you could send the command to turn it back off.

Like I said, it's early and I haven't had a chance to think this through, but hopefully it can get your creative juices flowing and help you understand how you can use that variable.

^They could use your trick for the SoundBar and put the power toggle on one of the * or # keys like you do for the cable box

That's probably what I would do. I would setup the * or # buttons to toggle them both. Then if they get out of sync you can just press that button to get everything in the state it needs to be.

Archived