C4 Forums | Control4

Looking for Embernet Switches

kcoxferris

Embernet is the zigbee version prior to zigbee pro. If you're system is 1.7.x or lower all your zigbee devices are embernet.

If your system is 1.8.x or higher, they are all zigbee pro.

The reason they are going to become a fairly hot commodity is because soon all the C4 product will have zigbee pro out of the box, so adding to a 1.7 project will be tough...

yeah but they were dimmers i think I am looking for the switch because I want to use it to automate my outdoor gas fire ring and I am worried that a dimmer would damage the circuit in the fire ring.

If you set the ramp time to ZERO seconds, and the minimum/maximum on level to 100%, it works just like a switch...FYI.

yeah but they were dimmers i think I am looking for the switch because I want to use it to automate my outdoor gas fire ring and I am worried that a dimmer would damage the circuit in the fire ring.

If you set the ramp time to ZERO seconds' date=' and the minimum/maximum on level to 100%, it works just like a switch...FYI.[/quote']

This is what I do for my buttkicker amp, when the projector turns on it turns on the amp, the other outlet controls a lamp

Thanks wingzz sounds like it will work but I am also looking to use a wall switch and not an outlet switch like it sounds like you are using. I am just worried about someone accidently holding the dimmer and causing a low voltage problem. It just seems like a switch would cause less doubt especially with the price of the outdoor fire rings.

Thanks wingzz sounds like it will work but I am also looking to use a wall switch and not an outlet switch like it sounds like you are using. I am just worried about someone accidently holding the dimmer and causing a low voltage problem. It just seems like a switch would cause less doubt especially with the price of the outdoor fire rings.

I understand why you want a switch, but I'm telling you that you can program a dimmer to work just like a switch.

Just set it up as I explained above....or wait for switches.

I can tell you that switches are much harder to find on the secondary market, I think dimmers sell about 35 to 1 over switches....but that's just a guess.

Archived