C4 Forums | Control4

Led settings... Arm=Red & Disarm=Green.. So why doesn't it work?

I need a little help from my friends,:)

Off & on for about two weeks now I have been working on two projects in my system...

One is the security system...

I have a 6 button keypad on the 2nd floor were I have it setup so when you triple tap button #3 it will "armed" my ADT security alarm, and if you triple tap button #6 it will "disarm" the alarm (all works fine)...

What I want is when the alarm system is "armed" both buttons #3 and #6 leds will be Red...

When the system is "disarmed" both buttons #3 and #6 leds will then be Green...

I was able to some what, get that program to work when I set up the buttons #3 and #6 as triple tap arm & disarm, and added the led setup in the program...

Like I said it worked, but only if you armed and disarmed the alarm from the 6 button keypad. If you "armed" it at the keypad both #3 and #6 buttons leds would go Red and if you "disarmed" it at the keypad they would turn green, but if you "disarmed" it at the ADT keypad ( or key fob) the leds would still stay Red? No mater if I armed or disarmed at the ADT keypad the leds would not change...

Here are some pics to give you some info so you can hopefully help me out... I am running 1.8.2 on my HC300 and in Composer HE,

Thanks

(not my real arm&disarm codes)

**I know I am showing 1st floor 6 button keypad managed in pic3 & pic4, but 2nd floor is setup the same way.

Take out the led colors in your first post and your second post is half way there. You also need to add

set led:3 OFF color to red.........

Do an on command for each button like you have and ALSO an off command

I'm not 100% on what the on/off represent but it always works for me.

I forgot to mention, since I could not get it to work the way I wanted in the fist post I "removed" all the led (red & green) settings, and restarted a fresh new approach with second post... With no luck there either I again removed any led setup to change to red or green...

The 6 button keypad is set (some what) back to factory led setting now...

Again the two different post are two different setups attempts...

I'm back to the beginning before adding red or green led to the setup.... If that makes sense?

I have also tried setting it up this way... Nothing happen with the leds..

I use your second method (programming under the security system status) with one small difference and it works for me. Instead of selecting LED On or LED Off, use Current color. For example...

Instead of:

When Theater Room->Security System has been armed to Home

->Set LED: 6 on color to Red on Theater room-->6-Button 2nd Floor

Try:

When Theater Room->Security System has been armed to Home

->Set LED: 6 current color to Red on Theater room-->6-Button 2nd Floor

Hope that helps...

:D

Thanks guys...

It's working like I want it to now!!!

I must have had my on & off commands backward when I fist tried a couple a minute ago, because "armed was green" and "disarmed was red" it worked, but just backwards.... I gave urbanmark setup a try, and it worked perfect...

Thanks again...

Now my second project is also finished!!!!

It was to have the 1st floor 6-button keypad #2 button turn orange if the garage door 2 was open & button #5 turn orange if garage door 1 was opened, and back to blue if they were closed...

I used the same setup as the alarm and all works perfect...

Thanks again pharmdsmith, and urbanmark for the fast response...

No problem! I remember having the same issue, so I'm glad it worked out!

I like using the LEDs for visual status and use similar programming all the time. Other ideas:

* When the C4 amp/receiver is muted, turn current LED color to red...

* When timers are started, turn current LED color to yellow... (I never have to guess if a timer is running)

No problem! I remember having the same issue, so I'm glad it worked out!

I like using the LEDs for visual status and use similar programming all the time. Other ideas:

* When timers are started, turn current LED color to yellow... (I never have to guess if a timer is running)

But how do you get them buck to the original state. You see I'v got 6 and 3 button keypad straight through the houde and I would like to let all my leds turn red when my movement sensor detects but come back to its original coulours thereafter. I'v tried but the leds stays red.

You set it so that when it stops detecting motion, turn the color back.

I use LED's to indicate all sorts of things. I use four different colors (including the one for when nothing is going on) in my house throughout the entire home and it works great. I have further colors that represent different things in certain rooms and situations, but house wide I use RED, LIME, BLUE, YELLOW, and WHITE all the time....the LED's are something I really enjoy.

No problem! I remember having the same issue' date=' so I'm glad it worked out!

* When timers are started, turn current LED color to yellow... (I never have to guess if a timer is running)[/quote']

But how do you get them buck to the original state. You see I'v got 6 and 3 button keypad straight through the houde and I would like to let all my leds turn red when my movement sensor detects but come back to its original coulours thereafter. I'v tried but the leds stays red.

I would select "when motion sensor stops sensing motion"

->set current led to ???

??? being whatever you original color was.

edit *I'm a slow typer, ILoveC4 beat me by a minute.*

No problem! I remember having the same issue' date=' so I'm glad it worked out!

* When timers are started, turn current LED color to yellow... (I never have to guess if a timer is running)[/quote']

I would select "when motion sensor stops sensing motion"

->set current led to ???

??? being whatever you original color was.

edit *I'm a slow typer, ILoveC4 beat me by a minute.*

Ok I missed out some details. Some off my keypad buttons are for lights that when off " blue " and when on red, so there would be two original colours then depending the status of the light. Some of them I use for volume and some for my electronic gates. All different colours but I want everything to go red for a split second when there's movement and to come back to normal ther after. Let me guess, you gonna tell me to program all 142 buttons.

You will have to create programming for every button, yes.

You will also have to create conditional statements for resetting the LED's. I use this in my house and would be happy to post a screenshot of what it looks like.

It is time consuming, but very cool once it is finished.

You will have to create programming for every button, yes.

You will also have to create conditional statements for resetting the LED's. I use this in my house and would be happy to post a screenshot of what it looks like.

It is time consuming, but very cool once it is finished.

I'm sure I won't be the only one interested to see. Please do

Ok I missed out some details. Some off my keypad buttons are for lights that when off " blue " and when on red, so there would be two original colours then depending the status of the light. Some of them I use for volume and some for my electronic gates. All different colours but I want everything to go red for a split second when there's movement and to come back to normal ther after. Let me guess, you gonna tell me to program all 142 buttons.

If I'm understanding correctly, conceptually, here's how I would tackle this:

1. When motion detected, set a new Motion variable to TRUE

2. When Motion variable is TRUE, start a new Motion Timer for say 5 seconds

3. When Motion Timer is running, have the Timer set the current LED colors to Red

4. When Motion Timer expires, have the Timer set the current LED color back to Blue (if Off) or Red (if On) and set the Motion variable back to False

The advantage of the above:

* You can easily adjust your split second... it can be 3, 5, 7 seconds

* In step 3 and 4 you have to identify all the buttons you want changed, but at least they're listed all in one place - under the Motion Timer... rather than a condition under every keypad. Much faster to program/troubleshoot.

Ok I missed out some details. Some off my keypad buttons are for lights that when off " blue " and when on red' date=' so there would be two original colours then depending the status of the light. Some of them I use for volume and some for my electronic gates. All different colours but I want everything to go red for a split second when there's movement and to come back to normal ther after. Let me guess, you gonna tell me to program all 142 buttons.[/quote']

If I'm understanding correctly, conceptually, here's how I would tackle this:

1. When motion detected, set a new Motion variable to TRUE

2. When Motion variable is TRUE, start a new Motion Timer for say 5 seconds

3. When Motion Timer is running, have the Timer set the current LED colors to Red

4. When Motion Timer expires, have the Timer set the current LED color back to Blue (if Off) or Red (if On) and set the Motion variable back to False

The advantage of the above:

* You can easily adjust your split second... it can be 3, 5, 7 seconds

* In step 3 and 4 you have to identify all the buttons you want changed, but at least they're listed all in one place - under the Motion Timer... rather than a condition under every keypad. Much faster to program/troubleshoot.

Not a bad idee but there is a lot of programming to do for when the state is false. Or will it just come back automaticaly to the original state when it is false.

Not a bad idee but there is a lot of programming to do for when the state is false. Or will it just come back automaticaly to the original state when it is false.

Yep... can't get away from having to program, but you can make it more efficient by putting all of the settings under the Timer or under the Variable. I've attached an example of what the programming looks like when I put my home in and out of "vacation mode" - which turns the bottom LED on a dozen switches/dimmers to Red if True, Blue if False. The more switches/dimmers/keypads, obviously the more lines of code.

urbanmark is spot on. You do have to program it all, but putting it in one place (such as under a variable as he used in his example) makes it much easier to edit...you only do it once. Everything else just toggles the variable.

That is exactly as I use it in my home. When I get to the house I can make a screen grab if you want, but it won't look much different than the one provided by urbanmark.

Archived