C4 Forums | Control4

Newbie question to integrate Hunter douglas blinds to C4

dxonator810

Hello all,

I am doing an install and the client has existing Hunter Douglas Platinum blinds with RF and IR control. There is an existing HC200 controller in the bedroom about 20' from the blinds. The window molding is ornate and there is no way to get IR emitters to the blinds. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a DC powered WX emmiter on the market? The blinds are battery powered already.

Any pics or resources would be greatly appreciated.:lol:

You are screwed, sorry. Same shit in my old house, if you can't do IR with HD Plat nothing you can do. Unless something changed recently or I totally missed something, it needs to be hardwired.

If the high powered blaster doesn't reach, and they don't NEED their HD wireless remote.

Take the remote apart, remove the program buttons, then solder two conductors to each button location, and control the remote with your systems relays.

Will it work....YES, Is it worth it???

Crazier things have been done...

not by me of course..:cool:

just did the same thing, worked with a niles high output blaster, actually two hot glued together facing each direction as blinds were on each wall, I hid the IR blaster in the chandalier...problem is when extreme high sun is coming in the room it can throw off the IR singal and sometimes command doesnt go threw, but had i known they wanted blindes we would have never went this route to begin with!

Archived