C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Amplifier Container

danlevine

Hey Everyone,

We just setup a Multi Channel amplifier and Joining multiple zone Inputs into containers does not work. We contacted Control4 and they said it was a bug that may be repaired in 1.25 or 1.3. Does anyone have a workaround for this problem because we have a large commercial installation that we need to link zones together.

Thanks

Dan

This bug has been around for a long time. I tried to overcome it with manual programming, but I did not have any success.

Hmm. "Large" commerical probably means 100V amplifiers. You may not get the same fidelity, but your installation should be a lot easier.

Hmm... Well we have the Amp installed and running... Had no idea containers didn't work... The installation is deployed on an entire floor in the downtown financial area of manhattan. The hallways are all connected to the amp, and the board room has 4 speakers in it. We could get the boardroom working temporarily, but we really need to get the hallways linked to the same feed.

I think we'll need to tie the 2 stereo zones of speakers together into one stereo speaker output for the boardroom. The hallway is 3 zones, perhaps we can do the same there, the music will be VERY low always.

Anyone have an idea if the amp impedance will be a problem with this solution?

AS2

• 2 weeks later...

Archived