C4 Forums | Control4

Help with light switches

i have a huse that is wired with each switch location having it own cat5 wire there so we can run the switches wired insted of wireless what are the switches i would use and how do i get the hard wire switches to hook in to the control 4 system?

Control4 actually doesn't offer switches other than the zigbee ones that I'm sure you're familiar with.

Why would you want to do something hard wired anyways? Just imaging terminating all those in some huge panel...what a nightmare.

While you're talking about switches.....

I'm looking into Control4 for my home. I have several locations that have 3-way switches - some have a standard on/off on one side, and a dimmer on the other side. Which Control4 switches would be installed in this situation?

You use either a Control4 dimmer or switch on one end, and a keypad on the other end. They make a two button keypad that looks just like a dimmer/switch for this very situation. When programmed correctly, the keypad acts exactly like the dimmer. I have lots of instances of these in my house.

You can also use either a three or six button keypad in place of the two button...just depends on the look and level of functionality you're after.

Archived