C4 Forums | Control4

How to program CardAcess - Wireless Contact Relay contact(s)???

Hi Everyone,

I'm have trouble programming the two contacts (Contact 1 and Contact 2) within Card Access device as pictured.

I've noticed in the Connections tab it shows the two contacts as Inputs but l am not able to link them to anything which l suspect is the main cause of not being able to program each of the Contacts?

I was wanting to hear if anyone have used these Contacts from this device and how you went about programming them or shed some light on have link something to these inputs.

Basically l am wanting to trigger Contact 1 when the internal temperature changes i.e. when the temperature reaches 27 degress celsius activate Contact 1

Hoping someone could assist please.

Thanks in advance.

You cannot activate a contact, it senses contact. Thats why its called a contact sensor. I've got one of these and they work very well. If not properly connected they will not respond. I use they to check they status of my electronic gate and my driveway sensor.

Hope this helped

Thanks neildilgee,

Would you be able to provide some screen-shots please as to how to trigger an event based on contact from the sensors? This would be very handy as l not able see any events for the contacts.

Thanks neildilgee,

Would you be able to provide some screen-shots please as to how to trigger an event based on contact from the sensors? This would be very handy as l not able see any events for the contacts.

Its quite simple, if properly installed.

When gate open = close gate

When drive way sensor is sensors= reset gate timer.

I think it would be better if you tell me exactly what you what you want to do and we'll take it from A to Z.

PS. I notice that your post title says Contact Relay and your image that you posted shows a contact sensor which is very confusing. It's two totally different things.

Do you have Contacts, or relays?

Relays are something you can trigger, like a switch.

Contacts sense changes the attached devices state, IE: open or closed.

You can't really activate a contact. If you only want to trigger based on the contacts state, you need to have the temperature set a variable. IE: When the temp exceeds 27 set variable "temp 27+" to true. Then when the contact state changes, if variable "temp 27+" is "True" then do xxx. Does that make sense?

Your post is fairly confusing and it sounds like you may have a misunderstanding as to the difference between a contact and a relay.

Hi

I have recenty installed a HC200 in a home theatre environment. All conections are good. But I am having trouble programming the card access motion sensor and card access contact sensor with sofa pad.

My idea is to make the room turn on lights when someone enters and keep it on until motion is no sensored then lights must go off. On the same breath if motion is sensored and pressure is sensored then lights should stay of as this would mean someone is watching a movie.

What programming script or formula can I use?

Thanks

:D It worked thanks. To Craig as well thanks a mil man.

I now am faced with a challenge of the EXT to work as a repeater. I want to enable the user to change the Satelite from another room which is less than 70m - 100m from where the theatre room ( which has two light dimmers, HC200, SCR250 remote, and a contact sensor ). In between the two areas I tried placing the contact sensor (powered) where the is still coverage of the zigbee network in order to extend the range. Not winning.

Even tried to disconnect the Contact Sensor and remote, then treid to identify them again. The sensor was identifyable but when I tried to re identify the remote in the designated room I could not.

What can I use to resolve this network issue? Please help:(

Archived