C4 Forums | Control4

Composer won't SCAN; disappearing cover art

dentalben

I have a NAS drive that I store a lot of .ISO movie files on. In the past I've simply clicked the SCAN button and searched for ISO files. Composer does it's thing, and the movie file is added in. Recently though, clicking on the SCAN button does nothing and the new movies I've added don't show up in the media window. Any ideas as to why Composer won't scan for new files? On a side note, I tried to edit a movie already scanned, and when I clicked OK, Composer "Updated" the record, but deleted the cover art. I can search for the movie, and it returns possible selections as usual, but it won't copy the cover art over...

The share IS online, and when I scan, I always do a manual scan for .ISO files; still no-go :(

Usually when I do the scan, the text in the LL corner changes from "Director Status: Idle" to "Director Status: Getting AV info" or something like that. This time, it won't change from the Idle state.

I just found out from my dealer that my database/library is corrupt and that C4 has seen this happen enough to where they have a fix for it. Unfortunately, they have to wipe out my database and I have to re-scan everything again...

A C4 technician will remote into my controller and perform the fix that way. Since it's not like a GoToMyPC type situation, it will all take place without me being able to watch so I have no idea exactly what is done to fix the problem.

My dealer suggested I load a recent backup; I did and it didn't fix anything. So the C4 tech did his thing and oila! Now it works again. I have to spend a little time cleaning up the media library in Composer, but not too bad.

Archived