C4 Forums | Control4

Gefen Video Matrix Switches

AJ_

Anyone have any experience with Gefen video matrix switches - great price - switch and baluns under $2k for 4x4? One dealer told me they didn't have a good experience. Another thinks they are very good.

I also came across Leaf's 1080 distribution video matrix. Looks great, has C4 drivers and NO ONE has even heard of them. I emailed the (Australian) company that manufactures these and haven't heard back yet. It's been a few days already.

And then there's the component vs hdmi choice to make as well. I don't think I need to be cutting edge. I have HD STBs, 2 BR HD players - one with Netflix/VUDU support and they all have component/HDMI. No way the companies can block me on these unless I am required to update the firmware in the future.

Thoughts?

All the AV & control 4 dealers in Australia I have spoken to like & recommend the LEAF units, although I do not have a personal experience.

Remember your Friday is our weekend, so today is the first working day.

I'd like to know why the monoprice are so much cheaper than other HDMI 4x4 brands?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5704&seq=1&format=2

Dan - does your friend use these with C4 integration? It would be great to get some feedback from him. I'm surprised this is talked about a lot more on this forum. I guess profit margins are lower on these :)

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have just set up one of the Monoprice 4x4 matrix systems. The IR was difficult to learn. I ended up learning the remote that came with it to a URC RF20, then learned it to the Control4 system. Only issue i am having with it so far is output B is running with the monoprice hdmi over cat5e, and with 1080p content, the picture gets garbled. Im running it about 140 feet, so im going to try swapping it out with Cat6 and see if that corrects it. Message me if you want me to send the IR driver to you. I am working on a RS232 driver for it.

I have just set up one of the Monoprice 4x4 matrix systems. The IR was difficult to learn. I ended up learning the remote that came with it to a URC RF20, then learned it to the Control4 system. Only issue i am having with it so far is output B is running with the monoprice hdmi over cat5e, and with 1080p content, the picture gets garbled. Im running it about 140 feet, so im going to try swapping it out with Cat6 and see if that corrects it. Message me if you want me to send the IR driver to you. I am working on a RS232 driver for it.

I know of three people that have written flawless serial drivers already. No need to do it a fourth time. Two of them are shared on this forum multiple times.

Archived