C4 Forums | Control4

Composer 1.7.4 DPI Settings

lawson4085

I am having trouble with the composer software working on my computer. I Have a high res monitor and a big graphics card. The right side of the software is gone. I can't get into it enough to load new music etc. What settings should I set my computer to for the software to work properly. Is there another version that will work better? Thanks for any help in advance.

As you can see I'm a newbie. the version is Please excuse if I have the dots in the wrong place is 1.7.4 36. I un nstalled and got a new copy of composer s/w and the same thing happened on 2 computers. Tried on a old XP crappy computer and it worked fine for a while until the computer crapped out.

The app has two panes, the left sidebar and the content area where you see details based on where you are in the left sidebar. Most likely, the sidebar has been expanded to be very wide. See if you can get the cursor to change to resize the sidebar (at the extreme right). Also, you can un-maximize the application, drag it to the left so it is not visible and then increase the width of the window. you can do this a few times to try and get to the sidebar pane resize bar.

you may also want to try setting your resolution to 1024x768 or similar to see if it solves the issue.

ac

I have tried everything you guys have said. I have some of these same type problems with a contact management software (Act). The calender would mess up. I believe it has something to do with DPI settings but I don't know where they should be in windows 7 for composer to work properly.

Frustrated

Maximize the application, and THEN you can drag the pane over to the left.

If it's minimized, you can't drag the pane over, it doesn't show up. If it's maximized you can. Image on the left shows maximized, image on right minimized. This is the only thing is can be since you can't close panes in composer nor hide them any way. The only other thing could be is if you opened composer at a higher res, then saved a project maybe and then reopened composer at a lower res, but I doubt it, usually is only an issue w/ two or more monitors.

What version of windows are you running? When I got my composer software it would not work properly on windows 7 64 bit, but my dealer got me an updated version and I have had no problem since. After he upgraded me to 1.8.x.x, he gave me another update and again I have not had any more issues.

• 2 months later...

I am having the same problem. I have a new Dell PC on XP. The software ran fine for a couple months until just one day when I opened it up, the list view pane was off the screen to the right with no way to grab it.

I am not new to computers and have tried every normal trick that I can think of. I have done all the things suggested in this post with no resolution. I have changed my dpi settings from 20% to 200% with no success. I have uninstalled composer with both the composer uninstaller and windows add/remove programs and reinstalled. No change.

Has anyone else come up with any fixes?

yes it is dual monitor. i actually hooked it to a 52" tv as the second monitor and still could not get it to go enough to the right. my technician actually came today and got it fixed. he said that there was a file corrupted in the software. that is all I know about it, but it is fixed at least. thanks for the suggestions.

• 4 years later...

Archived