C4 Forums | Control4

Best...Microwave...Ever.

thecodeman

Nice. Is that the HDMI 16:16?

Why yes, it is.

http://www.lenexpo-electronics.com/ATLONA-16x16-2-PRO-HDMI-MATRIX-SWITCH-WITH-CAT5-6-AND-LOCAL-HDMI-OUTPUTS.-p-17983.html

You've got to post a picture of the backside.

It looks just like this:

d_6464.jpg

Pictures in real life and video in action coming shortly (the rack is being dressed), along with a review on C4Central. So far the PQ on the two displays we have working is pretty nice. We will have two zones where we distribute surround sound, etc from a 400 disc ES BD changer, so we'll get a walkthrough of every zone going simultaneously.

What can I say, I'm an ass man =)

No further information needed.

Codeman have you used the Atlona 8:8 before? I'm considering picking one up but I haven't been able to find much feedback on the unit. Thanks

My friends are using the CE Labs HSW88C which is a copy of the Atlona HD-88MSR

(the CE Labs works fine with the Atlona C4 driver) and it seems to work fine. It was a

new install and all the TV's were new so I'm not sure how it works with older HDMI

implementations but so far, so good.

What is MSRP on that bad boy?

you know what they say' date=' if you have to ask you can't afford it :)[/quote']

If you look at every single thing I own that cost more than $100, I asked how much it cost. I bought all those items :cool:

To be honest I'm not in the market for a 16:16 HDMI Matrix...just curious what the MSRP is, that's all.

What is MSRP on that bad boy?

you know what they say' date=' if you have to ask you can't afford it :)[/quote']

If you look at every single thing I own that cost more than $100, I asked how much it cost. I bought all those items :cool:

To be honest I'm not in the market for a 16:16 HDMI Matrix...just curious what the MSRP is, that's all.

just picking on you :cool:

@ wingzz - I know, no hard feelings.

That looks like one hell of a switch. I'm going to be after something just like this, only in an 8:8. I like the option of using the "twisted pair" with built in receiver OR a physical HDMI cable. The fact that it outputs to both simultaneously is very cool as well.

Dumb question. If the switch outputs to both HDMI and twisted pair simultaneously could you hook it up to more than 16 TVs? Say you have a couple TVs that are rarely used and would not be used at the same time, could you output to one via HDMI and the other via twisted pair?

How are you handling HDMI runs of greater than 50'? 100'? I thought runs longer than that were still and issue, making HDMI distribution a no go unless you use something like the HDMI over IP solutions...

I'm pretty sure that's when the "twisted pair" are more beneficial. I could be wrong, but I think the twisted pair runs can be 150' or 250'.

I'm also pretty sure that HDMI spec (using an HDMI cable) is 15m or less (~45 feet).

Atlona rates it to 165' before needing a booster.

"Max. Twister Pair output Distance 165ft @1080p (optional repeaters are available to add additional 165ft Model is AT-PROHD-RP) "

We have not needed a booster yet in this job and the PQ from the 400 disc blu-ray changer is fantastic. I'll try to meter the runs to see how far we're shooting it over CAT5E.

... and those things (baluns) run about $250+ per receiver/transmitter pair, right, or is there twisted pair HDMI cable that you are referring to?

Edit: Looks like youre referring to just the cable... where is a good place to buy 100+ foot twisted pair HDMI?

... and those things (baluns) run about $250+ per receiver/transmitter pair, right, or is there twisted pair HDMI cable that you are referring to?

Edit: Looks like youre referring to just the cable... where is a good place to buy 100+ foot twisted pair HDMI?

Nope, I was referring to the "twisted pair" output on that particular matrix switch. Twisted pair is referrering to 2 x CAT5E or CAT6 cable as opposed to an actual HDMI cable. The matrix switch that this thread is about does include 16 receivers, but unfortunately the switch carries an MSRP of $24,999 (TOO MUCH).

Archived