C4 Forums | Control4

Changing volumes on multiple announcements?

I'm setting up some announcements, and will need to have them set the volume in at least some of the rooms that they play in.

I can twiddle each one to work, but that gets *really* old, *really* fast if I decide that such-and-such room should be announced louder - I have to re-visit every announcement and tweak it.

Is there any way to set volumes across the board? Or can any of this stuff be programmed?

You can set a default volume for each room...assuming you have an amp with Discrete volume control (IE: C4's amp). That's what I did.

I believe it is done under monitoring, by clicking on the room and adjusting the properties.

I created a variable called announcements. When I want to call an announcement I change the variable. On this var change I set a temp var to room volume. Call the real announcement based on the content of the announcement variable (volume defined within the real announcement) and then reset the room volume afterwards. It's a little roundabout but did allow for reasonable volumes for announcements. Getting to your question, this has to be done room by room if you want them to play at different levels.

Archived