C4 Forums | Control4

a good 3rd part AM tuner?

AS2

Yeah, we have installed about 6 or 7 and they work great. Two outputs, so 2 sources of FM/AM throughout the house. No extra work or anything. Also, you can scan your stations based on Zip Code and it's all there. Very easy and little work to do.

I like it. I'll try it. I have one input left on the multi amp. BUT one of those inputs is from the Media Controller, so I could plug the second tuner out into an MC in, then patch it through to the amp. Viola, two tuner ins.

Does it come with an antenna?

As2

• 1 year later...
No antenna is included. Just a female F-connector. We use the Terk FM Antenna power pro's or something. Crazy powerful and powered. Any antenna will do though.

HELP PLEASE?

I just bought the TERK FM PRO and when I hook it up to my C4 reciever I get just " ok " reception. When I turn the switch on, for the powered antenna.....I lose ALL reception. I have returned the TERK FM Pro 3x, thinking it might be a blown amp or something and still same results.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks,

takitezsdc,

Contact your dealer, ask him to get a FM Tuner Kit from Control4. The front-end of the Control4 tuner is too sensitive in some environments, and can be swamped with too much signal. The FM Tuner Kit is a set of attenuator pads which you connect in-line with the antenna input, which improves reception in many cases.

I believe it's available at no cost to those who have purchased the Control4 tuner.

Alternatively, there is a 2-way driver for the Parasound zTuner now available at http://c4d.tleish.com/, which will also be included in the 1.3.2 release.

RyanE

There is feedback on if it were to get 'touched', i.e. if someone turns it on / off or changes station, since the tuner returns feedback on those situations, the UI can respond.

Another example of the feedback is if you were to use the 'Search' functionality. It should find the next tuneable station. If one is found, the receiver sends back what the frequency is that it's found. With a one-way driver, the search functionality would work, but you would not know what frequency you were tuned to.

RyanE

There is feedback on if it were to get 'touched', i.e. if someone turns it on / off or changes station, since the tuner returns feedback on those situations, the UI can respond.

Another example of the feedback is if you were to use the 'Search' functionality. It should find the next tuneable station. If one is found, the receiver sends back what the frequency is that it's found. With a one-way driver, the search functionality would work, but you would not know what frequency you were tuned to.

RyanE

Does the radio frequency channel display on the remote and/or navigator screen?

Also, is the driver for the old Ztuner or the new Ztuner V2? The rs232 codes are a little different in the new model.

Old Ztuner RS232

http://www.parasound.com/pdfs/vintage/ztunerRS232.pdf

New Ztuner V2 RS232

http://www.parasound.com/pdfs/Ztunerv2RS-232.pdf

I believe it's the v.2 version.

Yes, frequency display does get updated on Navigator (and I presume the remote, although I haven't checked). That would be the other advantage to the two-way driver.

RyanE

• 1 month later...
No, there's no XM on the zTuner.

I would think that if the Control4 tuner updates the remote, the zTuner also would, since they both communicate through the tuner proxy.

RyanE

Well, i'm still early in the process, but the remote does not update with the ztuner feedback, which is a bummer. I setup the presets though, and the fm antennae is very good and it works just fine. I'm still tweaking the thing.

Do you have a rough button map for the remote? I guess i might have to look at the programming. Is there a remote button that controls MODE or BAND?

For now, the remote buttons are this:

SCAN FORWARD and SCAN REVERSE buttons go UP and BACK on presets, respectively

FORWARD and BACK buttons auto tune radio freqs FORWARD and BACK, respectively.

Regards

Shane

Well, there *is* feedback as to the current frequency on the mini-touch screensaver, so I assume the driver is sending it to director properly, it's possible the remote just isn't programmed to display the frequency change. Typically, the remote only displays the current source, not what that source is playing.

i.e., on the main remote screen, it'll say 'Digital Audio' instead of 'Album - Song'. It'll also just say 'Tuner', not 'KBEE 98.7'. Apparently, it also isn't indicating the channel that is selected in the list, which I'd expect it to do, but I'm not sure why.

I do know that it does display the selected frequency on the 10-button LCD Keypads on the 'current media' page.

Looks like the DVR button is the AM/FM band toggle.

RyanE

Archived