C4 Forums | Control4

Using Composer HE to capture text from VISTA ICM (DisplayText var)

pbhatia

I am having difficulty with matching text from the"DisplayText" field when using Composer HE. Has anyone had success with this?

My ultimate goal is to tell my B&D doorlock to lock when the door is shut (instead of using the 30 second hardcoded dipswitch #2). In order to do that what I wanted to do read the state of the door from the Alarm system (Ademco Vista 20 P with a VISTA ICM) and tell the lock to only lock itself if the door is shut (or not open).

The problem I am having is that the only text I can seem to match is "****DISARMED****". When I try to match on "Ready to Arm" or " Ready to Arm " or anything other than the "****DISARMED****" I cannot seem to get a successful match. This might have to do with how the DisplayText variable handles blank space characters (but I am really not sure). Just wondering if anyone has had any success with this.

Thanks in advance - I appreciate all your help. Feel free to email me at bhatia@deshaw.com. If this has already been answered - plz point me out to the thread.

-P

Don't you have a contact on the door?

I was thinking the same thing. Plus the vista icm has a 30 second delay reporting back to Control4 on door/window closures. So either way you slice it, you will have a 30 second delay with your current setup.

I do have a hardwired contact for the alarm on the door - but I cannot see how to access the specific contact using the VISTA ICM so I have resorted to trying to "read" the text from the"DisplayText" variable. (It doesn't seem to be an option for me). Are people able to see the states of specific contacts on the Ademco systems using the VISTA ICM? (If so - plz tell me how).

thank you!

thanks codeman - My dealer has added the alarm driver to my project but apparently hasn't bound the appropriate zones. Is it also possible to know if the alarm is in the "chime" state easily? Also - can you tell me the latest version of the driver I should be using (in case my dealer isn't using it?) thanks!

Archived