C4 Forums | Control4

** Wanted: C4 advisor, Supplier, installer (+ Caribbean vacation)**

WhittaCay

Hi all,

Noob here...I'm admittedly a non-techie but having used the C4 system at a house we rented while on vacation recently I would like to include this great technology into my new house that is about to be under construction in a few weeks. I've run the numbers and I have a budget of about $13,000 that I could dedicate to this. I have no idea whatsoever what I can get for that but it would need to be inclusive of all products & labor. Off the top of my head I'm looking for C4 control in: 5 rooms audio, 3 rooms video, full interior & exterior lighting, 3 zone HVAC, 4 camera security. House is designed with Cat5 & structured wiring closet.

What I can also offer is a free 5 day Caribbean vacation to the person who decides to help me in this endeavor. Meaning, I will provide airfare, housing and transportation to Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands (where the home will be located) in order to at least help augment some of the labor cost and/or to provide incentive to help me out.

You can email me at whittacay@gmail.com

Thanks guys.

Jim

seven-mile-beach.jpg

Hey WhittaCay,

Don't forget about Stamp Tax and Duty :( for the budget (on the stuff heading down there), as I have a small setup in the Bahamas and they nail us with the import taxes. Also, with the frequint power outages and heat, surge protecters and back-up gear is always required. My camera has been down for the past few weeks and I cannot get onto my network from New Jersey, that is the toughest part about checking, etc. Good luck.

Joe

Hey WhittaCay,

Don't forget about Stamp Tax and Duty :( for the budget (on the stuff heading down there), as I have a small setup in the Bahamas and they nail us with the import taxes. Also, with the frequint power outages and heat, surge protecters and back-up gear is always required. My camera has been down for the past few weeks and I cannot get onto my network from New Jersey, that is the toughest part about checking, etc. Good luck.

Joe

Thanks, yes I have accounted for customs duty of 20%.

Archived