C4 Forums | Control4

New Control4 Media Player

Well, there has to be something else going on here. That just doesn't add up.

Oh, and what heck does this mean (quote from my website that was stolen from me =( )

"Plays digital video files directly to your TV".

What would the alternative be?

Also, Cody, I didn't think you had an EVA9150. If you don't mind my asking, what makes the C4 Media Player more stable? What instabilities do you experience with your EVA9150?

Oh, and what heck does this mean

"Plays digital video files directly to your TV".

That specific quote is marketing-speak, straight from Control4.

It plays files on your network, outputting them to a resolution compatible to your tv over a compatible connector. (IE, 720p over component cable or 1080i over HDMI). It scales 480p dvd content to 1080p over HDMI quite good.

What would the alternative be?

Not sure where you're going with that.

Also, Cody, I didn't think you had an EVA9150. If you don't mind my asking, what makes the C4 Media Player more stable? What instabilities do you experience with your EVA9150?

I personally have a Netgear 9100 Express. I have several customers with the Netgear EVA9150. The Netgear units (as you have said so yourself) have a tendancy to become uncontrollable after some time, requiring a simple reboot to fix if you aren't running the latest firmware update. The Control4 media player has yet to show this or any other controlability issue.

http://c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=3327&p=5

http://c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=5117

We've installed about 8 in the past month and have not had any complaints.

"...and that if you have a v1 media player, not to worry, as the standard 2-year warranty will still be honored."

Does this mean I get a free replacement/upgrade?

Just because? Not likely. If you have problems with the v1 media player purchased from an authorized Control4 dealer, and tech support says it needs to be replaced or repaired, it will be covered under the manufacturer's warranty, handled by your dealer.

http://www.cepro.com/article/control4_doubles_standard_warranty_on_all_products/

If my Cadillac is under warranty for 3 years / 36000 miles bumper to bumper and 5 years / 100,000 miles powertrain, and the new model just came out, I would not get a free replacement/upgrade "just because the new one is out".

"...and that if you have a v1 media player' date=' not to worry, as the standard 2-year warranty will still be honored."

Does this mean I get a free replacement/upgrade?[/quote']

Just because? Not likely. If you have problems with the v1 media player purchased from an authorized Control4 dealer, and tech support says it needs to be replaced or repaired, it will be covered under the manufacturer's warranty, handled by your dealer.

http://www.cepro.com/article/control4_doubles_standard_warranty_on_all_products/

If my Cadillac is under warranty for 3 years / 36000 miles bumper to bumper and 5 years / 100,000 miles powertrain, and the new model just came out, I would not get a free replacement/upgrade "just because the new one is out".

Relax, it was just a question because the statement I quoted was not clear. No need to make the drawn out comparison to the Cadillac.

"...and that if you have a v1 media player' date=' not to worry, as the standard 2-year warranty will still be honored."

Does this mean I get a free replacement/upgrade?[/quote']

Relax, it was just a question because the statement I quoted was not clear. No need to make the drawn out comparison to the Cadillac.

I've edited the article to make it clearer.

You're correct that in the past every 6-8 weeks the Netgear would lose it's IP control and need a reboot, but I haven't experienced that in a while so I think a firmware update fixed that.

When I said "What would the alternative be" I was saying what else would it do, other than play them direct to your TV. Play the indirectly? Play them to....what?

That's what I was saying.

When I said "What would the alternative be" I was saying what else would it do, other than play them direct to your TV. Play the indirectly? Play them to....what?

That's what I was saying.

Who knows. Perhaps it's to clarify that you don't really need any additional hardware like a computer, scaler box, video matrix switch, etc. unless your specific application calls for it.

Archived