C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee repeater

C4-NHS-user

C4 folks - I recently added a C4 outlet to control my water heater pump in garage. But it is barely within the Zigbee range. What options would you recommend to improve the connectivity - (1) install another switch (in that case I would need to call dealer to add a switch - $135 dealer charge) or (2) buy a Zigbee repeater (not cheap either). Any other option?

Thanks!

You could have your dealer install a CardAccess Relay/ZigBee repeater or have your dealer install a switch or dimmer somewhere. In either case you will probably have to involve your dealer. I am not aware of any ZigBee repeters that will work with C4 other than the CardAccess or C4 parts.

C4 folks - I recently added a C4 outlet to control my water heater pump in garage. But it is barely within the Zigbee range. What options would you recommend to improve the connectivity - (1) install another switch (in that case I would need to call dealer to add a switch - $135 dealer charge) or (2) buy a Zigbee repeater (not cheap either). Any other option?

Thanks!

Yes, there is another option but that's even more expensive by itself- install a HC-200 in the vicinity. The CA device will work well for you.

Archived