C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless motion sensor WMS-10 Card Access

C4inSA

• 2 months later...

There is NO need for these if you have a alarm system hooked up to your C4. Just FYI I called my alarm system company and they came out and installed 5 wireless motion and 5 wired motion detectors for like $200 and me signing a 2 year monitoring fee. $19.95 a month..........wich I was already paying!

Then you just use them to turn lights on and off or tigger events in your home by programing your system!

AND they were going to sell me a set of 3 of them for $90!!!! so dont let card access rip ya off! Call your alarm company first!

There is NO need for these if you have a alarm system hooked up to your C4. Just FYI I called my alarm system company and they came out and installed 5 wireless motion and 5 wired motion detectors for like $200 and me signing a 2 year monitoring fee. $19.95 a month..........wich I was already paying!

Then you just use them to turn lights on and off or tigger events in your home by programing your system!

AND they were going to sell me a set of 3 of them for $90!!!! so dont let card access rip ya off! Call your alarm company first!

There is always a trade off. There are benefits to using the Card Access motions as opposed to the alarm system motions. The CA units will function better as occupancy sensors far better than the alarm motions. The CA units also respond a little faster since there is no need to communicate through the alarm system.

Also the light level (lux) sensor on the CA WMS. No need to automatically turn on lights in the room when you walk in if it all ready bright enough...

Hey takitezsdc,

I take it you use the Concord alarm unit with your C4, I hear they work great together... As for myself I use ADT and unable to see any of my alarm contact, or wired motion senors, and limited to what the two can do together...

So adding more motion sensor to my alarm would be a waste for me... But for others it might work out better.....

There is always a trade off. There are benefits to using the Card Access motions as opposed to the alarm system motions. The CA units will function better as occupancy sensors far better than the alarm motions. The CA units also respond a little faster since there is no need to communicate through the alarm system.

Mine work fine! I use them for occupancy sensors and they work great! No delay noticable.

I use a GE Honeywell Alarm system it was one the C4 told me to use.

Archived