C4 Forums | Control4

Make my system a wake up alarm clock

bigdaddyo811

I want to program my system so I can push a button before I go to bed (e.g YELLOW) and hit a time e.g 6, 2, 4 and that will set the system up as an alarm clock that will turn on music and the lights at 624 am. I want the 624 to go into a variable so I can set the thermostat to ramp up 1 hour before and to set other parameters in the house 2 hours before.

Any ideas how I would do this?

Would be nice also if the system could announce as well as I hit the buttons "Six, Twenty, Four" so that I would know it got it and that it would be accurate in the morning and I wouldnt miss getting up

Thanks

Um, that is WAY beyond the scope of a forum post. I'm allf for helping people, but that would be way too in-depth to law out in detail here...at least for me. Not to mention the announcement part is probably not possible. You would need to program so much login around when "2" is "two" or when "2" is "twenty".

I'll help you.

Although I suspect this *could* be done in Control4 Composer programming, it's a *lot* of code to have to get right, and I don't even know how *I* would go about it, and I'm pretty proficient in Composer programming. I'd probably write a DriverWorks driver to do it, and even in that, it'd be a pain in the butt to try and reproduce wakeups (and integrating with announcements to tell me the time would be difficult and drugery to setup as well).

The right way to do this is to purchase a *touchpanel*. There's already built-in functionality to set a wakeup.

Create all the wakeups you want in ComposerHE, and use the touchpanel to turn on / off the wakeups. It's already existing functionality in every version of Control4 that already exists, including 1.7.0+ and the newest 2.0.x+.

In the end, it will cost you a *lot less* to just buy a touchpanel for this functionality than it would to have a dealer create this type of functionality.

RyanE

• 8 months later...

Just in case anybody is interested, I created a simple case to use as my alarm clock.

If anyone has a better idea, please add a comment.

I used a customer button for my bedroom:

Alarm Off

6:30

6:45

7:00

7:30

8:00

I then created a boolean variable for each of the alarm times.

Upon custom button click, I set all variables to false except the one relating to the time I selected.

I then created schedules for each of the times.

In programming, for each scheduled event - when scheduled event is started:

if variable 6:45 = true

turn on the bedroom radio.

This means I am limited to only 5 times, but it suits me and my wife.

Any better ideas out there?

I'll help you.

The right way to do this is to purchase a *touchpanel*. There's already built-in functionality to set a wakeup.

Create all the wakeups you want in ComposerHE, and use the touchpanel to turn on / off the wakeups. It's already existing functionality in every version of Control4 that already exists, including 1.7.0+ and the newest 2.0.x+.

RyanE

Thank-you for this heads up... I saw this wakeup option under comfort on the iPad and wondered how to use this.

After seeing this post, put two and two together and Created a wakeup under agents in composer to play some music, turn on the heater and 10 minutes later ramp up the dimmer light.

Much more flexible and easier than a schedule program. Love it! In particular how you can select the different wakeup scene from each room and for different times from the ipad interface, without having to go back to composer !

I'll help you.

Create all the wakeups you want in ComposerHE' date=' and use the touchpanel to turn on / off the wakeups. It's already existing functionality in every version of Control4 that already exists, including 1.7.0+ and the newest 2.0.x+.

RyanE[/quote']

Thank-you for this heads up... I saw this wakeup option under comfort on the iPad and wondered how to use this.

After seeing this post, put two and two together and Created a wakeup under agents in composer to play some music, turn on the heater and 10 minutes later ramp up the dimmer light.

Much more flexible and easier than a schedule program. Love it! In particular how you can select the different wakeup scene from each room and for different times from the ipad interface, without having to go back to composer !

Unfortunately you can't do that on the iPad.

I'll help you.

Create all the wakeups you want in ComposerHE' date=' and use the touchpanel to turn on / off the wakeups. It's already existing functionality in every version of Control4 that already exists, including 1.7.0+ and the newest 2.0.x+.

RyanE[/quote']

I may be incorrect in that last statement. Can one of our iPad touring forum members confirm/deny please?

I may be incorrect in that last statement. Can one of our iPad touring forum members confirm/deny please?

You can access the wakeup agent programming under comfort on the iPad.

Archived