C4 Forums | Control4

Audioshare door stations and C4 intercom

dgbrown

For anyone interested in door station integration with C4's new Infinity Edge TP's I've included a link below to the Audioshare installer doc so you can get a feel for what the setup might look like in your installation.

This said, it's beyond me why these TP's are not SIP enabled and dedicated wire needs to be run.

http://www.audioshare.net/C4DSInstallationGuide.pdf

dgbrown, are you using one of these? I've got a question for the pros. I have some Inifinity Edge touchpanels on order, and I plan to use the intercom functionality. I need to look at how difficult it is going to be to get a CAT5 to my doorbell, but assuming that I can do it I am going to want one of these to tie in to the intercom.

When you talk about SIP enabled and dedicated wire, are you saying that a stereo audio cable will need to be ran to each touchpanel? How will that work with the intercom guys? I assumed the audio would just travel over the CAT5, was that an incorrect assumption? Maybe I need to rethink this...

^ if you look at the diagram in the Audio Share doc you can see they can make use of the pairs in a single cat5 to tie the intercom to the C4 contacts and the Audioshare amplifier. A rather custom use of the pairs but not atypical for "legacy" equipment.

Had the C4 Infinity TS intercom functionality been built around SIP, you could have used a Mobotix T24 door station that is just connected to your home network via IP. The benefit here is that A/V from the door station can hit any SIP enabled device including the speaker/mic pairs built-in to the other Mobotix cam's you have depolyed around the property or telephone handsets like the Grandstream. And you get a real 180 degree security cam at the entrance door.

It's great Audioshare is in Utah along with C4 but to introduce new features based on old tech doesn't make much sense.

I'm not a hater so please don't take my critique as slander - I just would have done this differently. JMHO.

That's good info. Thanks Diamond.

It still only gives you a single 3rd party vendor to choose from for a door-station. I'd still love to know what the TS intercom functionality is built on and what the interface points are. It would be interesting to see if a SIP adapter could be used as a bridge of sorts.

• 2 weeks later...

So basically this is a control4 compatible doorbell, and has no intercom functionality.

Somebody or C4 needs to get one that is compatible with the C4 intercoms!

Anyone know what the price is of this doorbell?

And the doorbell with an IP camera, I assume that you would need two cat5 wires to run both doorbell and camera?

Archived