C4 Forums | Control4

The internal hard drive on the HC-1000: What can it do and how?

3fingerbrown

What do you all use it for?

How do you load data onto the 500GB hard drive, over the network somehow with composer?

My idea was to load some music on it, I want my music and cover art to be accessible on the GUI. Will the HC-1000 be able to stream that music to an 8-zone amp that is connected to the network?

I don't use the HDD at all: and in all honesty (some folk on this forum might not like to hear what I have to say on this)... But here goes :rolleyes:..The HC1000 is very noisy ..I wish there was some way I could actually take the HDD out of the HC1000. ( or at least disable it)..just sayin....:)

But you must have another controller to stream the music to the 8 channel amp. The 100 does not have analog outs

Brent

So the HC-1000 can stream the music data over the network to an HC-300, which gets the audio to the 8-zone amp via its analog outs? That should work for me. Any special programming to set this up, or will control4 simply find the music files on the hard drive and make it all work?

Its curious to me that the HC-1000 can't stream directly to the 8 zone amp, but I guess it just doesn't have this capability.

There is no programming that needs to be done beyond normal setup...which includes scanning the media on the drive inside of the HC1000. Control4 then knows where the files reside and can play them back with whatever analog audio source is available in that particular room.

The HC1000 streams them digitally to the controller with the audio out, which then translates it to an audio signal and puts it out to the amp.

I too wonder why the HC1000 doesn't have any audio outs or anything, but I am sure there is good reason.

The HC1000 streams them digitally to the controller with the audio out, which then translates it to an audio signal and puts it out to the amp.

I too wonder why the HC1000 doesn't have any audio outs or anything, but I am sure there is good reason.

If the HC-1000 can stream the data over the network to the HC-300, it seems it could stream it digitally straight to the 8 zone amp, which also has ethernet input, eliminating the need for any analog wires at all. But apparently the control4 amps don't have this ability (to recieve streamed music over ethernet).

Thanks for the help!

Archived