C4 Forums | Control4

Project Locked in Composer HE

matt4gps

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In most cases it isn't easy. No replication means no fix for the one or two people with the problem. My guess is the only work being done on problems like this are at the elevated engineering level at Control4 and only after a dealer applies pressure.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having this same problem, getting the "project is locked" pop-up. It happens to me when I try to add a Variable (under Agents), also when I try to back up. I have ComposerHE 2.0.2. I tried it with 2.0.4, but then the controller complained that it had 2.0.2 and I needed to upgrade for any changes to work. Of course, it will not let me upgrade, I have to have ComposerPro to do that. My dealer says I am getting the "project locked" because I'm using ME, which doesn't do programming, only Pro can do programming. This, of course, is just wrong. I told the dealer I think they just need to upgrade me to 2.0.4. I'm not sure he actually understands that there are ME, HE and Pro versions, and that HE can to a lot of what Pro can do. Hmmmmm. Help??

I had a customer on 2.0.2 having the same issue with variables. I upgraded him to 2.0.4 hoping to resolve the issue + it fixes the slave controllers randomly going offline every 2 weeks. He is still getting the same error with 2.0.4 HE. I ran some kill commands to ensure the update had completely stopped, still no joy. Tech support is looking into it, they think it's his computer. He's running windows xp 32 bit with parrallels on a mac pro.

As I understand it, Home Edition does everything that Media edition does. Upgrading to 2.04 got rid of the back up and locked messages, however, your dealer needs to update all of your controllers to 2.04. Mine did this remotely and it didn't take too long. You can do some fairly extensive programming in HE, but not everything. Have your dealer add all of your available agents to the list.

It's not the computer, its not the OS, it's not the dealer logged-in the same time you are, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Control4- please work-out the problem within your code. Even my dealer thinks this is dopey and he's worked with you guys on this twice.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting the same think "project locked" . I'm running 2.0.4.

I get the error when I try creating a new variable. I can do other things like new scenes, etc. No problem, but I can't create new variables.

I tried backing up, etc. No luck, Anyone have any ideas?

As I understand it, Home Edition does everything that Media edition does. Upgrading to 2.04 got rid of the back up and locked messages, however, your dealer needs to update all of your controllers to 2.04. Mine did this remotely and it didn't take too long. You can do some fairly extensive programming in HE, but not everything. Have your dealer add all of your available agents to the list.

I should probably start another thread, but my installer will not install all of my agents. In fact, if I am not using a particular agent, they have deleted it.

If they update my controllers is that going to cost me more money?

BTW, we are going on 13 months and my system is not completely installed. This company is the C4 company that works with our particular builder. He still has equipment that we paid for (through the builder)...it hasn't been installed yet because we have not finished the theater room yet.

I have a C4 box that has been on our media shelf for the last year. Not hooked up to anything.

I am really frustrated....I see a folder for drivers and a folder for projects, but they are c4p files and I can't open them on my computer.

During one service call the guy was here in my house until midnight (from mid-afternoon) and he was screwing around on his laptop supposedly programming our system. It took so darn long that the entire family went to bed and there I sat.

UGHHH!

As I understand it' date=' Home Edition does everything that Media edition does. Upgrading to 2.04 got rid of the back up and locked messages, however, [b']your dealer needs to update all of your controllers to 2.04. Mine did this remotely and it didn't take too long. You can do some fairly extensive programming in HE, but not everything. Have your dealer add all of your available agents to the list.

I should probably start another thread, but my installer will not install all of my agents. In fact, if I am not using a particular agent, they have deleted it.

BTW, we are going on 13 months and my system is not completely installed. This company is the C4 company that works with our particular builder. He still has equipment that we paid for (through the builder)...it hasn't been installed yet because we have not finished the theater room yet.

I have a C4 box that has been on our media shelf for the last year. Not hooked up to anything.

I am really frustrated....I see a folder for drivers and a folder for projects, but they are c4p files and I can't open them on my computer.

During one service call the guy was here in my house until midnight (from mid-afternoon) and he was screwing around on his laptop supposedly programming our system. It took so darn long that the entire family went to bed and there I sat.

UGHHH!

Ouch. Well, it sounds like you have issues that go beyond not being able to program certain agents.

As I understand it' date=' Home Edition does everything that Media edition does. Upgrading to 2.04 got rid of the back up and locked messages, however, [b']your dealer needs to update all of your controllers to 2.04. Mine did this remotely and it didn't take too long. You can do some fairly extensive programming in HE, but not everything. Have your dealer add all of your available agents to the list.

UGHHH!

Ouch. Well, it sounds like you have issues that go beyond not being able to program certain agents.

I cross posted this on general topics

Yep, just get dealer to add some dummy VARs in until someone at C4 wakes-up. It's really not acceptable to be living with this investment and have such stupid things like this.

Good idea. Thanks.

Is there a way for me to log this defect with c4?

Is there a way for me to log this defect with c4?

Have your dealer record steps to reproduce, capture logs before, during, and after the event, and submit to C4 so they can track it as a bug. The more people that can duplicate and submit the issue the faster and more likely it is to get resolved.

I am getting this "project locked" message in my ComposerHE as well. I want to start toying with it, and begin with basics like setting up a wakeup agent, to play some rhapsody tunes as an "alarm"...

I have emailed my dealer to ask if they can "unlock" as previously posted - but no response. Anyone on here help - i can send over my remote login info?

I appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived