C4 Forums | Control4

Project Locked in Composer HE

matt4gps

I too would like to know "the way around this" .... I'm reading this thread saying this only works for 30 days. Also, how many dealers are going to be willing to install ComposerPRO on your system? That's IF you can get them to even come over... I'm still waiting for 2 weeks for an install on something else.... I wish I could perform my work like this... I'll show up "sometime"....

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think certs last around 30 days max. If C4 is incapable of properly licensing stuff, they should remove it completely. With this workaround a dealer would have had to come out and install ComposerPro about 18 times and counting.

All this in the name of stopping 1% from adding a light switch on their own. Good job C4!

Yeah, I don't know what to tell you but I've been going now for about 2.5 months and no "expiration". It's not like you are using CPro- it is removed two minutes after it is loaded. If you act shady to your dealer I could see him getting apprehensive about doing this. Just tell him some dick on c4forums said it was the right thing to do :)

The problem is no one at C4 is involved in it. That's why a bug like this stays around for well over a year.

No, the problem is all a matter of priorities. It's in the defect list, it's being tracked like a thousand other issues, hardware, software, drivers, 3rd-party gear, etc.

Unfortunately, as has been stated many times here, the small uptake on HE causes issues with it to not be as high a priority as something that affects a larger number of users.

I certainly agree it's a big issue, especially for people in this forum. It was a stupid mistake, probably should have been fixed before now, but it happened at the worst time (with much larger priorities).

Sorry.

RyanE

Although Control4 does not typically pre-announce features in upcoming releases, I will say that I have it on good authority that the "Project Locked" defect in HE is actually fixed in 2.2.

I can't say the release date of 2.2, I don't know if it's set yet, but it's in a limited external beta right now.

Again, I apologize for it taking as long as it has, I agree, it is a bit of an embarrassment.

RyanE

P.S. I haven't verified it myself, but others have.

Good enough. And yes, sooner or later we get use to the fact that we won't get advanced notice of street dates on releases. Once this is fixed I bet you nobody will look back and say anything derrogatory- it will too good to gain-back the flexibility.

• 3 weeks later...

Has this issue and the work around been communicated to the C4 dealers well enough? Is there someone at C4 that we can quote or have a dealer contact regarding this issue? When I talk to my dealer I'd like to be ready to answer his questions and objections to the "work around"...

I have also heard this, and specifically asked the PM over Software, who confirmed it.

I have not tested it myself, but the PM confirmed it had been installed on machines that had previously never had ComposerPro on them, so it sounds fixed to me.

RyanE

^cdepaola, you are not alone but be patient. This forum is for users so no, it doesn't faze me that a dealer wouldn't know about any workaround. Also, notice how the talk is about a FIX, not a workaround. When you hear that 2.2 is on the street (keep reading this forum) then you can bug your dealer.

• 2 months later...

You system *and* ComposerHE have both been upgraded to 2.2?

Also, you may still actually have the project locked indication if your project didn't fully finish the upgrade.

In that case, this would not be a defect, but it would be correctly reporting project locked.

RyanE

• 2 years later...

Archived