C4 Forums | Control4

AV switch driver prevents use of Navigator (OSD)

AVHomeInstalls

Just built AV switch driver for Anchor Bay Technologies (DVDO) EDGE video processor / aucio / video switch. ]

The system design idea is to run the HTC S-Video out to the EDGE processor for upscaled video display.

After building the discrete codes for the inputs and using the interview wizard to integrate the EDGE driver into the bindings it won't call up the OSD navigator using remote C4 button. If I answer the interview with slave HTC bindings directly to TV inputs it operates correctly.

Thanks for any help... or ideas...

After I fully test the driver I'll share it in the files section...

figured it out! It was a combination of "Does this device convert signals" check box unchecked and bindings for all the extra EDGE audio inputs. A easier device would have been better for my 1st discrete code driver I created!

Now to understand the rules of what devices show in navigator... for example this AV switch is not visable/selectable (nothing hidden) for adjustment. Any way to make it like a TV device when you have a cable box? This way it would show and be adjustable without changing the source.

I think he wants to be able to select it as a source so he can bring up the menus on the scaler, etc. The trick would be to have a dummy DVD driver in the project, so you could "switch to" the dummy dvd player which is really the scaler, and adjust it that way. Its a proxy limitation.

Exactly Thecodeman. I don't know any of the proxy limitations, but don't like the assumption for the A/V switch device class the software made.

So can I simply copy the driver into another category, like DVD or Television? I ask about Television because the DVD sends a play/pause, right? Also I'd like to assign the scalers zoom-/+ to channel up/down buttons.

I've lived in the Harmony, Pronto, Nevo editor world too long where customization is the norm and no rules for video inputs/outputs or signal flow. I can see a real benefit with the C4 way, but also custom installer headaches.

Using my created EDGE driver as the television driver created the same C4 button problem first posted as the processor converts the s-video from htc to HDMI and this kills the ability for navigators OSD.

This leads the only solution to keep the A/V switch driver and add another NULL television driver with the Edge commands for menu,direction,etc. For this null device to show up in list it needs input/output to be connected, but the ports are being used by the A/V switch driver. It will be a real trick to make dual drivers work any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

The dual driver worked. By creating an HDMI:NULL input port on the A/V switch driver and a NULL output on a television driver I'm able to select the DVDO Edge under the Watch activity to scale or adjust the picture. Even put the zoom -/+ on the channel up/d

Having a 1080p scaler helps the resolution on the old interface and 6-port HDMI switch with digital audio really brings new life to these older components. Anybody considering a non-matrix 6 port HDMI switch should look at the DVDO Edge.

Archived