C4 Forums | Control4

Mysterious Volume Issue

I was just informed by a client that out of no where, while he was listening to Stored Media off his Media Controller, his music just kept getting louder and louder. They were sitting away from the MTS and no one touched anything. For no good reason, the volume ramped quite loud. I am at the job but haven't noticed it. I don't know if the C4 stuff just fears me when I come over to check out problems, or if there is a nasty little gremlin in the system, but he wasn't happy about this. Has anyone else experienced this?

(Using MC, C4 Matrix Switch, C4 Amps)

Is it possible that while the user was listening to music they pressed the volume up button and nothing happened, so they pressed it a few times again and then a minute or so later it got louder?

We haven't had any gremlins per say, but we have had the boxes freeze up for a while, while they are processing information. I'm not sure why they chose to go with the amount of ram in these boxes. They basically are running standard at about 85% memory usage, just booting with Director.

I think another 64 megs of ram (which now is basically like 10 bucks) would make the machines substantially better...

Archived