C4 Forums | Control4

Can my Alarm motion sensor trigger Control4 actions??

Bullseye

I have an Ademco vista 20p, connected thru a Vista ICM to my C4 system, and want to trigger some lights with the alarm motion sensor. How can I do it?

While the alarm is idle the panel dont report the motion sensor.

Thanks for your help!!

Easy with Composer HE. But your exact needs may require the use of intermediate programming such as time of day for actuation, interlocks for adjacent lights and any special LED color changes you may want associated with motion-activation as opposed to manaul activation.

Is this your question or is it a question related to the panel capability??

Thanks for your fast response!!!:)

I will need some help in both aspects. I'll try to do it myself, but my C4 dealer will be helping with the the programing. First I need to figure out how to make the alarm report the motion sensor activity.

Thanks again

Thanks for your fast response!!!:)

I will need some help in both aspects. I'll try to do it myself, but my C4 dealer will be helping with the the programing. First I need to figure out how to make the alarm report the motion sensor activity.

Thanks again

Your dealer will need to make sure that he adds the various sensors to your project for the alarm system. Once he does that you should see the sensors in the system and be able to program them. Composer HE can't add the sensors, only composer Pro can make those changes.

Archived