C4 Forums | Control4

Macintosh

Alemany

• 3 months later...

There are no plans that I'm aware of to bring Composer HE for Mac to market. So on that front you're stuck with parallels. That said, a Control My Home license (or site license) should work for you, as its a flash app.

Btw, at the time of your original post the answer was no on both fronts. A search on this forum would have turned up the answers you were looking form then and now.

I was very against going with something like Parallels in the beginning as well, but I have found that it is actually not that bad running Composer HE in Parallels using coherence mode, as it will run in it's own small window and not overwhelming everything else you are doing on your mac.

I've used Fusion, VirtualBox and Parallels for several years. Used Parallels daily for over three years because it was provided by my employer -- across three versions it could be infuriatingly flakey and unstable.

With my own money, I prefer VMware Fusion. I started using it about 4 or 5 years ago with their first release and found it very solid. I stopped using it during the Parallels days. I've also used VirtualBox briefly. Also seems solid and definitely worth the price. :)

Now that I'm back to using my own money, I've switched to the latest Fusion and it's still more stable than Parallels 5 was. Parallels was best with a plain Windows installation, not with the "loaded-up" corporate Windows image I was given. I do like the like Parallels option called "Mac Look" and it also seems very solid except for one permanent glitch on the placement of the "File..." drop-down menu.

My recommendation is either Fusion or VirtualBox. But any of the three will work.

Edit: typo ... employee vs employer

Archived