C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmers / Switches with 3 Button & 6 Button Keypads Built In

danlevine

I would love to have the ability to use a Dimmer that instead of having a two button keypad on the front, it has a 3 or 6 button keypad.

Most existing installations only have 1 or two gang boxes and when you replace the dimmer/switch they would like to have additional functionality at that location without cutting a hole. Granted now we are detaching the buttons and programming them to do different items, but having those additional buttons would be awesome.

I have to agree with the dimmer with a 3 or 6 button style keypad... I have had several installations where this would have come in handy. I would have used it in my own house recently too... Nice thought.

Blake

Home A/V Systems, LLC

Fortunately 3-ways make an easy way to add a keypad in but I completely agree. C4 look at the best in the industry and copy. Take a look at simply-automated.com. They do just what we're asking for. As a matter of fact they took it further and made a single box for dimming, switching, then made universal plates so their number of scu's aren't through the roof.

Archived