C4 Forums | Control4

Programmng Question (Taps)

alf1096

I am building a house and am going to do control 4. I am reading all I can so when it gets installed I will be able to tweak and adjust things I want through composer HE. I understand how to do the press and hold by using a varable. But I have a question about taps. This is the code I can find on the forum for example

When bottom button is pushed

Variables> doubletap = doubletap +1

Delay 500 milliseconds

If Variables>Double Tap=2

Send Command 'Control4 to Theater

Variables>Double Tap=0

Stop

If Variables>Double Tap=3

Turn of Theater

Variables>Double Tap=0

Stop

In that progamming....if you pushed bottom button to turn the light off it would set the doubletap to 1 now if you double tap again say 1 minute later doubletap would be 3 and that would screw up the programming. I would think there needs to be a command under the nested ifs to reset doubletap to 0 every time to avoid this siuation. Why is this not the case just trying to get a handle on things. If this is not how it is done in composer 2.xxx please let me know how it is done thanks

On versions 1.8 and above the logic is already in programming. There is no longer a need to create numeric variables to increase on taps.

In these later versions in programming for any light device or keypad you will find single, double, and triple taps along side the standard press and release functions.

This make the programming you are looking for much easier.

In previous versions you would need to create a reset back to zero based on a time.

Archived