C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 media player question

Totaleclips205

Hi there folks just bought a control4 media player and really need help getting it set up right. My dealer is new to this also so any suggestions would help, my dealer already have the media player added to my project ive scanned my movies thats already on my network and composer it found, i dont know what to do after that when i go to my on screen display to try and watch a movie nothing is there can anyone PLEASE HELP!!!!

While I agree with dgbrown, hopefully we can get the one you have working. First thing is did you refresh navigators? Are the media players bindings correct? Dots the medias player have a path to display video in the room you're in?

Now, I'm not one to rain on anyones parade, but that media player is no good. Use the exist of it not working to get your money back and but a WAY better unit for less than half the price (Netgear 550 for ~$170). That Control4 Media Player is no good. Sorry.

Well Dan i did a search on you tube and people seem to have it working fine with there control4 unit, i dont understand dgbrown your comment "Return it and buy a more capable player" it is a a control4 unit shouldnt it be capable already? If that is the case im stuck with it because i bought it used with no returns. The icon for the media player is showing up on my ipad, i navigated to it and the on screen display comes up with the control4 logo going across the screen, i dont know where to go after. Can you please explain to me what you mean by is the media bindings correct?

Archived