C4 Forums | Control4

AVM-HTC1-B Upgrade question

nbenson

Does anyone know off the top approximately how much a dealer will charge to update an AVM-HTC1-B to V 1.7.1 or 1.7.2???

Just trying to get a cost associated with an update ....sort of inherited this unit and would like to use it until I can get the better HC500 or larger

Thanks in advance

Not much...that is about 15 minutes worth of work.

Why would you got from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2? 1.7.4 is the latest release, and it is no more work to go to 1.7.4 than 1.7.2.

Are you trying to integrate it into an existing project running 1.7.2?

New quandry...... Local dealer says they cant update it to 1.7.2 for me as its "no longer supported"

So what do I do?? is there a way for me to DIY?? I really would like to be able to use this unit, hate to think its a door stop

New quandry...... Local dealer says they cant update it to 1.7.2 for me as its "no longer supported"

So what do I do?? is there a way for me to DIY?? I really would like to be able to use this unit, hate to think its a door stop

Yeah, 172 was a maintenance release on the way to the last supported 1.7.4.36 - anyone with issues or needed to upgrade is recommended to upgrade to that revision.

So what do I do?? is there a way for me to DIY?? I really would like to be able to use this unit' date=' hate to think its a door stop[/quote']

Yeah, 172 was a maintenance release on the way to the last supported 1.7.4.36 - anyone with issues or needed to upgrade is recommended to upgrade to that revision.

I asked about 1.7.4 and he said he couldnt do that either........

I need 1.7.1 or 1.7.2 if at all possible, otherwise I guess I just sell this thing and move on :-(

So what do I do?? is there a way for me to DIY?? I really would like to be able to use this unit' date=' hate to think its a door stop[/quote']

I asked about 1.7.4 and he said he couldnt do that either........

I need 1.7.1 or 1.7.2 if at all possible, otherwise I guess I just sell this thing and move on :-(

You can certainly upgrade it and your project to 1.7.4 - there are lots of folks out there who have yet to upgrade to zigbee pro / 2.0+

It sounds like perhaps you need a new dealer, one who is willing to work with you....

Are there any other local ones?

I've tried the only 2 I know of.... Padwerx and Abbotts. Im not sure of anyone else

Padwerx has been unresponsive/ unavailable

Abbotts is who told me it couldnt be done......:mad:

It sounds like perhaps you need a new dealer' date=' one who is willing to work with you....

Are there any other local ones?[/quote']

I've tried the only 2 I know of.... Padwerx and Abbotts. Im not sure of anyone else

Padwerx has been unresponsive/ unavailable

Abbotts is who told me it couldnt be done......:mad:

All fixed!! Thanks folks

Archived