C4 Forums | Control4

"Arm to Away" remote arming after 2.0 upgrade

C4Newbie

I have a Concord 4 system integrating with my C4 and I used to be able to "Arm to Away" remotely through 4sight. Since my 2.0X upgrade from 1.7X, every time I arm the alarm remotely, it switches after about 30 seconds from "Armed to Away" to "Armed to Stay".

Anyone else experience this? Any suggested solutions?

For the system to arm to away you have to open a door. If there is no door opened the system will assume you didn't leave the home and arm to stay instead of away. It is intended to reduce false alarms. To get around this you can hotwire a contact closure on an hc300 to a zone on the security system that can simulate a door opening allowing the system to arm to away.

For the system to arm to away you have to open a door. If there is no door opened the system will assume you didn't leave the home and arm to stay instead of away. It is intended to reduce false alarms. To get around this you can hotwire a contact closure on an hc300 to a zone on the security system that can simulate a door opening allowing the system to arm to away.

Just wondering why it would have worked before the 2.0 upgrade then?

Just wondering why it would have worked before the 2.0 upgrade then?

I experienced this as well. I think that before the 2.0 upgrade it just looked like it worked. My system would say "armed - away" in the status on the navigator which is what the panel says for the first minute. Once the alarm figured out that no one left it would switch to "alarm - stay". the Navigator just didn't pick that up. If I went into the Web navigator and refreshed it I would see the mode switch to stay. I think 2.0 is just getting the panel status once it is updated to the stay mode.

That is what was happening at my home.

That would be the correct answer. The control4 system didn't update the status of the panel. There were some issues that I had encountered in 1.7 with the Concord 4 alarm panels that I remember that were solved in 1.8. This could very well have been one of them.

Archived