C4 Forums | Control4

Lg Bd690

AJ_

Anyone see this player yet? http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/ces-product/LG-BD690.jsp

Apparently, it will play movies from NAS or USB drives. 3D, all the Internet Apps such as Netflix and VUDU. Seems to be using DLNA to play movies/videos/music off of the network. Does this work with C4?

I wonder if this is worth waiting for, rather than picking up an NTV550 ???

The only issue would be integration in to C4 menus but since it has GraceNote, etc. does it really matter? I have the BD550 now and it's very nice.

Does this work with C4?

I wonder if this is worth waiting for, rather than picking up an NTV550 ???

There's no driver for it, that I know of. It *may* be possible to create a driver to use it as a Control4 media player, but without having the protocol, there's no guarantee.

The NeoTV 550 works with the existing driver for the EVA 8000. I've tried it, and it works fairly well. One advantage is it's available now, for the most part. I picked mine up at the Fry's in Las Vegas while I was at CES. :)

The biggest drawback of the NeoTV 550 currently (IMHO) is that it doesn't yet support Netflix, but the prevailing belief is that it will soon.

RyanE

There is no specific driver but there are older LG drivers. Not sure which one I have installed but my LG BD550 plays pretty well with the current driver. Now that I think about this, getting multiple streams out to different rooms are probably not possible with this.

Archived