C4 Forums | Control4

Disarming Omni LT with Garage Door Contact

tmiller

Currently working on an Omni LT security system which contains a garage door contact. HC-300 is tied into Omni LT Panel via serial. What I want to do is disarm the security system if the garage door opens. I am having problems but know communication between C4 and Omni is happening because I can program it to turn on the great room lights when the door opens but can find the correct programming to disarm the security system.

I have tried

When the Garage Door opens

? If Security System --> AwayState is True

---> Security System --> DisarmedState = True

Also tried

When the Garage Door opens

? If Security System --> AwayState is True

--> Press the Disarm button on the Security system

--> Press the 1 button on the Security system

with the 1111 being security code

Anyone recall what action is required to trigger in order to disarm the Omni LT from within Composer?

Bad idea. That's just a sensor you know.

If you want to do this I would get a card access mini remote, and have a button press (or sequence of button presses) open the garage and disarm the alarm, but I wouldn't just have the alarm disarm when the garage door opens. Open garage doors isn't exactly the most difficult thing to do. Moving the sensor to make it THINK it's open is even easier.

Understood that is not the best idea but sometimes you need to work with what you have and what the current need is. The need is during cold or stormy periods so they can press the garage door opener in the car and drive right in the house. Running to catch the keypad in the front foyer hasn't worked out well :)

Understood that is not the best idea but sometimes you need to work with what you have and what the current need is. The need is during cold or stormy periods so they can press the garage door opener in the car and drive right in the house. Running to catch the keypad in the front foyer hasn't worked out well :)

Consider spending the $100 on a Card Access Mini Remote, it would work much better IMO.

Archived