C4 Forums | Control4

two dimmers working together, how?

I have two wireless dimmer in my hall controling one light each. I wanted to do a dimming/toggle joint.

The first atempt was On Level Changes Light_Level1 = Light_Level2 but works for 1 triying to reach 2 and not for 1 buttons. Then I tried the press and hold script, works for both keypads but can't get a clear/continuos dimming always looks like step increasing or decreasing (same as first).

I'll appreciate your advise!

Why not just open up the box and rewire the switches? Assuming the electrical load isn't too high for one switch, it would be more reliable- in the event that your system goes down the two switches would still be tied together. I believe you could still use the second switch as a keypad.

You have switch 1 and switch 2. Let's assume you want switch 1 to control the lights. Turn off the power to the box and remove the plate and unscrew the switches. Disconnect the red wire from the wall on switch 2 and put a wire nut on the red wire of switch 2 (it shouldn't be connected to anything). Then add the the wire from the wall to the red wire of switch 1.

I'm not an electrician- this advise is worth what you paid for it. If you're not comfortable hire an electrician.

I think we need some clarification.

If you had a conventionally wired 3-way switch then you would use a dimmer at one location and the other location would be a keypad that you would re-wire to have power, but not control load.

However, it sounds like you have 2 single pole switches that you would like to function together as a 3-way switch. Is that what you are trying to do?

You can unattach both loads(in composer). If on 2.0 create a light scene with both dimmers dimming on at the same time and level. Tell the top button of each to do the the light scene on. In 2.0 it auto creates an off scene for every scene you create so the off one is already there. Then on each bottom button press tell the off scene to occur. Make sure you sync the scene under the light scene agent too. The only draw back to unattaching the loads is that if control4 goes down so does the operation of those 2 lights.

No it's easy on 1.8 too. I don't think it auto creates the off scene (it might, it's been awhile since I've been on 1.8 composer) If it doesn't you just have to create one of those too.

This way I can turn on/off the scene but could this scene be dimmed?

Archived