C4 Forums | Control4

Mac Mini / HC300B / C4 Media Player / White LCD Keypad's for sale

avittech

I have some C4 stuff for sale, All brand new unused. Shipping included to continental US only.

Apple Mac Mini Previous gen. $450 Shipped - no box but restore DVD included. Perfect Condition. No Warranty

2.26Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB DDR3 Memory - upgrade from 2GB

160GB 7200RPM Hard Drive - upgrade from 5400 rpm

Office 2008 Installed and copy of disk and product key included - was originally a download

Mac OS X Snow Leopard with resotre DVD - I have not found this since I moved my office. I will say it is not inluded unless I find it.

(2) White PoE LCD Keypads, One opened to show customers what it looked like. $150 shipped each

(1) Control4 Media Player - First version, brand new unused $225 shipped.

(1) New Control4 Wired Speakerpoint Brand New $270 shipped

(1) Netgear 726TP -$225 shipped. Open box demo. Not recommended for C4 systems

Can either of the HC300s be downgraded to 1.8?

No' date=' the zigbee firmware in the radio won't completely downgrade and it's compatibility with your devices in 1.8 is not supported or recommended.[/quote']

So even if I currently have a 300B, it has different Zigbee version than comes on one with 2.0? And the Zigbee firmware can't be (easily) re-flashed?

So I need to find one that has 1.8 on it to buy as a spare? (I've been reading about the bugs and performance issues with 2.x and have no intention of upgrading in the foreseeable future.)

So I need to find one that has 1.8 on it to buy as a spare?

Yes, at least that's what I've heard from C4. Since there wasn't a usb restore stick for 2., you had to go down to 1.8 for a software restore but then had to upgrade back to 2. to get the full/compatible firmware working again on the zigbee radio.

I personally haven't heard of anyone who was upgraded to 2.0 that wanted to go back to 1.8.

I'm thinking I should have a spare on the shelf -- I don't like having a single point of failure in my current single HC300.

Bad news. I lost one of my HC300s for a couple days due to a bone-headed move (wasn't plugged in...be gentle) and the entire system went down. My controller running director was online, but the zigbee network was not functional.

I'm a little surprised that the controller running director didn't keep the zigbee network up, but that's a technical issue.

Sorry for the off topic post...now back to your scheduled thread ;).

I'm a little surprised that the controller running director didn't keep the zigbee network up, but that's a technical issue.

Depending on how your system is designed the ZigBee radio might have been on the controller that failed. If that were the case the ZigBee network would have gone down.

There are was to have multiple ZigBee Access Points in a system which would provide for some redundancy.

Can either of the HC300s be downgraded to 1.8?

No' date=' the zigbee firmware in the radio won't completely downgrade and it's compatibility with your devices in 1.8 is not supported or recommended.[/quote']

So even if I currently have a 300B, it has different Zigbee version than comes on one with 2.0? And the Zigbee firmware can't be (easily) re-flashed?

So I need to find one that has 1.8 on it to buy as a spare? (I've been reading about the bugs and performance issues with 2.x and have no intention of upgrading in the foreseeable future.)

What do you have running on your 1.8 system? 2.04 and up have been better performance wise than 1.8.

What do you have running on your 1.8 system? 2.04 and up have been better performance wise than 1.8.

I haven't looked into it in much detail, but seems like everything I've seen here says running the entire system on a 300 under 2.x means major issues with response time of the GUI and remotes.

It's not a free upgrade for me and my interest was in having an *identical* spare unit here in a box that I could put into service if my first died. It runs my theater, a second zone (if I can get it set up), home audio, some lighting (about 10 dimmers, two 6-buttons), a few thermostats and a small amount of scripts. Before summer is over, I'll add another 10-20 dimmers and switches, perhaps a minimal security system and some garage controls, maybe a couple of cameras. But except for the garage control, that won't drive much more scripting.

I have no interest in switching to a version with bugs and worse performance just so I can have a cute flash-based interface. Version 1.8 works just fine for me now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived