C4 Forums | Control4

Don't Buy Apple's iPad 2 and wait for iPad 3?

tebery

So true.

That's what makes Apple, Apple.

People hate em, but still buy em.

Yep. I'm so glad that other companies develop a product with a single feature set and then don't change it for years; it makes the buying decision so much simpler. Think where we'd be if Microsoft hadn't stopped with the excellent Windows 3.1 -- we'd be forking over money for new versions every couple of years. Other consumer electronics would be even worse in that way if they kept changing things. For example, I'm really glad projector manufacturers came out with a good product years ago and haven't kept changing them.

:rolleyes:

(Yeah, I'm kinda grumpy this morning. Plus, been having this same conversation with a buddy recently.)

Yeah, it's WiFi only. I don't know if the apps stay with it or not? I don't use iTunes much. I know I could take my personal info off and ship it away with the apps still on it. I hook it up to two or three computers to transfer docs to and fro, and it has never been a problem.

What is it worth guys? I have no idea. I know the iPad was $499, and the case was about $50. I've spent about $120 on software, but it sounds like that may not travel with the device (which will really suck because I don't plan on having another iPad). Here's a link to the case that I have: http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=THZ022US&PageName=Targus%20for%20Mac&productCategoryId=-1&bucketTypeId=194&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=

I have used this to make presentations, and this case is perfect for that. It has two levels it can be propped up to, one is perfect for making presentations the other is better for typing. It has literally never been out of the case. I put it in the case before I turned it on for the first time, and I haven't taken it out.

Make me an offer I guess?

I'm glad companies don't come out with, say a license to run an app for $299, then reduce it to $99. :rolleyes:

Haha thats is what happen to the 1st gen iPhone right there! Reduced from $600(at release) to $400 a few months later. At least they were nice enough to give a $100 store credit to the early adopters... Don't see Control4 doing the same sort of thing...

Yeah, it's WiFi only. I don't know if the apps stay with it or not? I don't use iTunes much. I know I could take my personal info off and ship it away with the apps still on it. I hook it up to two or three computers to transfer docs to and fro, and it has never been a problem.

What is it worth guys? I have no idea. I know the iPad was $499, and the case was about $50. I've spent about $120 on software, but it sounds like that may not travel with the device (which will really suck because I don't plan on having another iPad). Here's a link to the case that I have: http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=THZ022US&PageName=Targus%20for%20Mac&productCategoryId=-1&bucketTypeId=194&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=

I have used this to make presentations, and this case is perfect for that. It has two levels it can be propped up to, one is perfect for making presentations the other is better for typing. It has literally never been out of the case. I put it in the case before I turned it on for the first time, and I haven't taken it out.

Make me an offer I guess?

The software won't work the minute someone else puts their iTunes account in... unless of course you want to give the buyer access to your account. :D But Apple products do have great resale value!

• 1 month later...

iPad 3 will be released next year, around the same time as iPad2, apple seems to upgrade their products every year (not earlier than a year). same with all their products ( iPhone 5 will be released around July 2011) so why wait ? its lighter and faster. I got mine already :-)

Archived