C4 Forums | Control4

SR-250B IR Out?

BrettB0727

It would be nice if you can come back and inform us of the results using that device. I especially would like to see some reponse time analysis from this link.

I am having some issues with the initial setup. I cannot seem to find the GlobalCache_____ network so that I can log in and changed the network settings and put it onto my network.

I know the directions say "on a Windows computer", find the network. So perhaps that is where my problem lies as my house is exclusively on Macs, but I don't see how the Macs wouldn't detect the network.

If anyone has some setup experience with Global Cache devices, let me know if you might know the solution to my problem.

I will definitely post back once I get this thing working!

GC has an app, called iHelp, that finds all GC devices on the local network, and allows you to change their IP address, other setup, etc.

That's what's normally used for the initial IP config. Everything after that is done on the web config.

You may be able to login to your router, and find the IP address of the device, I believe they ship on DHCP by default.

RyanE

GC has an app, called iHelp, that finds all GC devices on the local network, and allows you to change their IP address, other setup, etc.

That's what's normally used for the initial IP config. Everything after that is done on the web config.

You may be able to login to your router, and find the IP address of the device, I believe they ship on DHCP by default.

RyanE

Yeah no luck with the GC apps here, or even following the typical instructions.

For some reason I can't see the GC iTach at all... Still working with GC support.

Had no idea it was going to take this long...

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got it figured out! My iTach some how had already been setup, so I was not seeing it's wireless network... It must have been a returned unit through SmartHome.com.

But GlobalCache support helped me out, once the device was defaulted it was super easy to set up, and it actually works great. No noticeable delay that I have seen so far!

Thanks everyone for the help!

Archived